Suggestions for B&W processing

Edit My Images
No
I've recently bought a film camera again and having great fun "thinking" about taking pictures.

I was planning on getting my films developed and then scanned at Costco but they tell me that they only do "C41" processing. I wondered what people's suggestions would be forgetting B&W quickly (and cheaply) developed and then scanned on CD also?

Thanks in advance

You could try using a C-41 process black and white film like Ilford XP2 Super, Kodak BW400CN or Fuji Neopan 400CN. These are like colour negative C-42 films but in black and white instead and you can get them processed pretty much anywhere because of this.

Or you could try sending your conventional black and white film away for processing, this is probably the best option these days for it as high street shops like jessops charge a fortune and take ages.

Part of the fun of B&W film is processing it yourself. It so easy even I can do it:LOL: Of course printing is still required so probably wouldn't work out any cheaper.

If you need them doing quickly, then any high street lab will do films such as Ilford XP-2 as it's processed like a colour negative film. However, if you're not in a hurry and want high quality developing and printing, you could use a traditional black & white film such as FP4 or HP5, and send it to Ilford's own lab. They're not cheap but they produce outstanding results.

http://www.ilfordlab.com/

Alternatively, you could have a go at doing your own processing (again using FP4/HP5), as this in my opinion is the most satisfying part of film photography............when everything goes well, that is. ;)

Back