Suggestions for negative sleeve / holders?

Name
Edit My Images
No
what would you reccomend as a good negative sleeve / holders? Ive seen all sorts of types online, which are some good ones?

what would you reccomend as a good negative sleeve / holders? Ive seen all sorts of types online, which are some good ones?

This would make a decent subject of a new thread really!

So I'll do that....

I was given a stash of them so use them....

I use the Kenro translucent pages in both 35mm and 120 size and have been happy with them. They are good value compared to the others on the market, but still expensive considering they are just glorified bits of paper essentially.

+1 for the Kenro sleeves.. that's acid-free and archive-safe pieces of paper..

I've just ordered a new pack of sleeves and a cased folder album this evening.

+1 for the Kenro sleeves.. that's acid-free and archive-safe pieces of paper..

Indeed - I'm not slating them on that, more that each individual sheet comes to more than the cost of my B&W development chemicals (per roll) all together.

I use the Kenro translucent pages in both 35mm and 120 size and have been happy with them.

If you don't mind me asking, where can you get them from?
I've been looking for decent neg bags for a while now!
Don't Ilford do some? I can't seem to find any.
I haven't taken a look on Harmans yet tho..

you can get them from 7dayshop.com or AGphotographic, for what they are, they arent exactly cheap :(

If you don't mind me asking, where can you get them from?

Please DO ask - this is a discussion forum after all. I got my last set from 7dayshop - good prices, very slow delivery, so order well in advance.

However, I found out that they are actually cheaper at Silverprint: http://www.silverprint.co.uk/ProductByGroup.asp?PrGrp=974 (it's in London, although London is so big that you might be quite a distance from it - it's near Waterloo Station). And they do a student discount, which makes it work out even cheaper for me, so the next time I need some I'm definitely going to Silverprint.

Please DO ask - this is a discussion forum after all.

I found out that they are actually cheaper at Silverprint.

I'm familiar with Silverprint, they used to stock our college shop.
I'm in South London, so it's just a half hour train journey to the store
~ definitely a benefit if you don't have to pay for delivery. Cheers for
the suggestion, I'd competely forgotten about Silverprint.

I use the Kenro translucent pages in both 35mm and 120 size and have been happy with them. They are good value compared to the others on the market, but still expensive considering they are just glorified bits of paper essentially.

I also prefer the transparent sleeves opposed to the clear & it's worth it to protect our work!

Not only is it the cheapest, but shops like Silverprint are few and far between so I like to purchase from them whenever possible. They are also cheaper than 7dayshop for some film emulsions, something that did surprise me. It does pay to shop around :)

I'm familiar with Silverprint, they used to stock our college shop.
I'm in South London, so it's just a half hour train journey to the store
~ definitely a benefit if you don't have to pay for delivery. Cheers for
the suggestion, I'd competely forgotten about Silverprint.

I also prefer the transparent sleeves opposed to the clear & it's worth it to protect our work!

Another vote for Silverprint and while you're in there re: your other post about darkroom facilities, have a look on their notice board, I'm sure I remember some darkroom spaces advertised and I'm sure one of the nice people behind the counter will have some ideas too.

Not only is it the cheapest, but shops like Silverprint are few and far between so I like to purchase from them whenever possible.

Yeah definitely, keeps them going!

Another vote for Silverprint and while you're in there re: your other post about darkroom facilities, have a look on their notice board, I'm sure I remember some darkroom spaces advertised and I'm sure one of the nice people behind the counter will have some ideas too.

Awh thank you so much for the suggestion.
I can always try to set up a darkroom at home if need-be but printing them would
be much more difficult than developing ~ access to a darkroom would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Back