Scotland Suggestions: Locations between Lochgilphead and Glencoe ??

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
I'm off to Scotland at the end of this month and cannot wait.

I'm planning on driving up to Glencoe from near Lochgilphead for some photography. I've have found Kilchurn Castle and Bridge of Orchy for potential locations.

Is there anywhere else I could visit driving up to Glencoe ?

map.jpge?

Inveraray Castle. Worth shooting from the bridge. Then Kilchurn castle and Loch Tulla.

Glencoe and Rannoch Moor is where the big hitting stuff is though.
Sadly Loch Tulla doesn't impress me much.

It's alright, but the best stuff is Lochan na h-Achlaise to Torren Lochan.

:plus1:

Quite a few places really but Glenoce is the obvious choice. If I had to pick anywhere in Scotland, it would be there.

Kilchurn Castle is at its best on a still day (morning) with no wind, as it sits on a loch, it gives reflections to die for on its day. Thera are some caveats, like the pylons on the hill behind but clever composing, or some mist can solve that problem.

There’s the watch tower above Inveraray Castle. Bit of a (uphill) hike, but a good viewpoint over Loch Fyne.

If you have time before you leave Lochgilphead have a look at Kilmartin Glen(lots of archeological sites) and Crinan Canal (canal side views and sea views at the end).

Have a look at the WalkHighlands site. It has descriptions of walks all over Scotland. Although it is primarily for walkers, many of the walks are no more than very strolls and every description is well illustrated so you can get an idea of what there is to see.

Dave

Sadly I've changed my mind about driving up there. I think it's too far, and it's a little difficult with me not being on my own or I would have set off early.

@Tringa

Been having holidays on an estate for 30 years, so we know the area quite well......Love the area around Crinan.

If my sore foot allows, going to fish a loch I haven't been to in years.

Back