Summer swimmers...

Edit My Images
Yes
Hopefully (weather permitting) I will finally be able to get out and about and get my first shots of December tomorrow :)

But as I've not posted for a while I thought I would show one of my favourites from Cornwall in the summer back on the first day with my D40 (on auto settings :crying: _ I understand what RAW is all about now;))

DSC_0055r.jpg

I'm not too sure about the composition and I have just sharpened it a little in Photoshop but I do like the complete luck of catching the three bathers on their way out of the sea :LOL:

Not a bad capture at all.
I'm not sure that 3 swimmers helps the front 2 are a but too blurred I'd be tempted to lose them

I really like it. It's another photo that I could get lost in. I have a thing about the sea and sunsets. I do prefer the single figure (Matty's edit) as opposed to the three. Where abouts in Cornwall is it? We go at least once a year and always get some good pics as well as coming back feeling totally relaxed.

Chris :)

Good work Mattyh!

How do you do that in Photoshop then - I'm only a beginner with all the options in there;). I've heard talk of 'cloning things out' and the like but I have to be honest and say I don't know what that means exactly.

Blue Moon 7 - it's Crackington Haven in North Cornwall. I'm in the lucky position of being able to get down there several times a year because my parents have a house down there. This was August BH monday and I had a very bad hangover still at this time in the evening :LOL: I've been going down since being a nipper and have taken loads of pictures of the place in recent years so I thought it was time I bought a DSLR camera to be able to get better quality images and to hopefully reproduce some too.

Cheers :)

I did make it out to the Peaks today in the end but the weather was grim and the light was poor so didn't end up getting the camera out :(

Don't rule luck out in photography. Being at the right place at the right time, pity it dosent happen more often.

I like the single swimmer option to, Your own beach and your own sunset.

You might like to try increasing the saturation in the warmer colours. If you've CS3 you can play with the Red, Orange and Yellow. Brings out the sunset colours a bit more. But don't overdo it.

Nice
(y)

I was down from the Monday to the Thursday of the BH week as I got roped into painting the outside of my parents house! Luckily when I started on the front side facing the sea the weather was like it was in this shot. I know on the Thursday evening the weather was becoming 'breezy' :)

Thanks Chappers :). I've got photoshop 5 but i'll have a play with the saturation (if I can work out how ;))

DSC_0055rr.jpg

Back