B&W Sun Studio Cafe

Looks good in Black and White, movement of one person is a little distracting. Would be nice to compare the colour.
I see your profile says you are from TN, where about ? as we have friends in Knoxville TN.

Happy memories, visited here myself a few years ago, just after the death of Sam Philips, plenty of local characters around here.
We went onto Beale Street and Gracelands, a truly once in a life time experience. My wife I and family were lucky as we were treated all expenses paid by one of the veterans groups of WWII known as " The Rabbs, 455th AAA who were based here in Norfolk UK, of which I am a member.

Last edited:
Looks good in Black and White, movement of one person is a little distracting. Would be nice to compare the colour.
I see your profile says you are from TN, where about ? as we have friends in Knoxville TN.

Happy memories, visited here myself a few years ago, just after the death of Sam Philips, plenty of local characters around here.
We went onto Beale Street and Gracelands, a truly once in a life time experience. My wife I and family were lucky as we were treated all expenses paid by one of the veterans groups of WWII known as " The Rabbs, 455th AAA who were based here in Norfolk UK, of which I am a member.

Thanks for that Tony, much appreciated comments.(y)

The movement in the shot is due to a long shutter speed which couldn't be avoided as I didn't want to use flash and the camera I was using left a little to be desired if you bumped up th ISO.

Our place is at "Spring Creek" (Medina) roughly half way between Memphis & Nashville a short distance from the Interstate 40, and we get across there about eight times a year. Graceland is about 110 miles from where our place is. Beale St is one hell of a good place to visit especially on a wednesday evening when all the customised motor cycles are there, or if you like live RnR & Blues music then there's no better place to be on a friday or saturday evening. I've driven through Knoxville several times and I guess it must be around 300ish miles from where we are.

George.

I believe a flash may have spoilt it, unless you bounced it.

Yes great place is Beale Street, were again lucky on the visit as the street was alive with various bands playing R 'n' R + Rhythm Blues, people dancing in the streets, Hard Rock Café and BB Kings and a walk down to the Mississippi River, most of which I managed to capture on video.

my biggest criticism would have to be the choice of shutter speed. its not fast enough to freeze the shot. and not slow enough to give that intentional blurry look. the guy in the centre seems to have lost an arm?

Thanks for your comments Phill, the choice of shutter speed on this occasion was not an option as explained in #3 of this thread.

George.

Back