Sundew

sawman

Private James Frazer
Edit My Images
No
sundew.jpg

Took this as I slowly sank into the bog!

Now these look TINY.. and I am already laughing at the thought of you making a final "snap" of these as you disappeared into the bog! :D

Tut! tut! Sawman ... youre slipping :coat:

Ive never seen the likes of these things before, probably as Ive not visited a bog (gawd this is getting worse).
Cant help but think how stunning those plants would look against an all black background.

Any chance of you nipping back for another shot? :LOL:

Are these those ones which have that sticky ends?

Look Im trying to be serious here guys! :( :shrug:

Great capture there of a fascinating plant. I think this is a Drosera rotundifolia, one of the few sundews which is actually hardy enough to grow in the UK. Sawman, if your able to I'd appreciate a heads up on where these are growing :)

Janice, - yes they have the sticky dewy tips (y)

I have a good number of sundews growing at home I'll add a few pics later if anyone is interested.

Great capture there of a fascinating plant. I think this is a Drosera rotundifolia, one of the few sundews which is actually hardy enough to grow in the UK. Sawman, if your able to I'd appreciate a heads up on where these are growing :)

Janice, - yes they have the sticky dewy tips (y)

I have a good number of sundews growing at home I'll add a few pics later if anyone is interested.

Go to Acharacle & take the Kentra road. Moss at both sides of the road & you will see them growing along roadside ditches. This one was not taken there but fairly close in an Oakwood clearing. They are very common over there
If you need any more help PM me.
Janice
I am saying nothing:eek:

Tut! tut! Sawman ... youre slipping :coat:

Ive never seen the likes of these things before, probably as Ive not visited a bog (gawd this is getting worse).
Cant help but think how stunning those plants would look against an all black background.

Any chance of you nipping back for another shot? :LOL:
Might just do that very soon & if i do i will isolate one for you against a black background.

cheers sawman, I've got a week off coming up and hope to get out of Dundee and over to the west coast for a good few days, I'll certainly take a look while I'm there :)

cheers sawman, I've got a week off coming up and hope to get out of Dundee and over to the west coast for a good few days, I'll certainly take a look while I'm there :)
Watch out for Midges!

Back