Sunpak Flashes

Edit My Images
No
Does anybody know about these? Are they any good, or cheao and nasty?
I just want a reasonable flash to get started with, and the specs on them seem reasonable!!
The one im looking at is £100, but i can get it for £60 through work!!
Watta you recon??

Cheers

Are they any good, or cheao and nasty?

Don't really want to run them down but I wouldn't say they're in the any good catagory. ;)

Would be just fine for an introdutory unit. The trouble with going in at the bottom end of the market is that if you do start using it lots you're going to want to upgrade. That's going to cost you extra compared to starting with something you can grow into but on the other hand, if you end up hardly using it, a better bit of if kit is a bit of a waste of dosh.

I have a PZ40x and I'm pretty happy with it's performance for the money, in my case it's used on a Minolta.

The key downside is quite a long charge time, however it's small light and quite powerful and flexible, the zoom is a little noisy shuffling position but effective.

Highly recommend picking up a Stofen Omni Bounce with it, In my case its hardly ever off.

I a nutshell, as the previous poster, you get what you pay for, but much better than the flip up on board flash.

I also have that Sunpak model but you need to keep in mind if you get this model that you can only use it for 15 flashes in a row before you have to let it rest for at least 10 minutes to prevent permanent damage.

What fit is it for?

(not pimping his Nikon-fit Sigma flashgun in the classifieds at all!)

Back