Sunrise At Avebury

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

So Saturday morning I was supposed to be up at 05:30 and on site at 06:00! Having not got to bed until 02:00 on Sunday morning I thought that waking up and being on site at 07:30 was pretty good!

As it turned out I would have wasted my time at 06:00 as there was a mist all over Avebury:

_DSC9610bordersmaller.jpg

_DSC9626smaller.jpg

As you can see the sun is just emerging through the mist and I cannot make my mind up if I prefer this or the first one without shadow.

_DSC9639croppedbordersmaller.jpg

Spotted this on my way home. The mist was rapidly clearing the field and within the couple of minutes it took to set up I lost the best of it. Oh well next time then.

Regards

Chris

First two dont really do anything for me, the third is nice, may look better though as B&W.

I love the first 2 shots, right up my street. I`m hoping to do the same thing at Castlerigg tomorrow am runrise. I think I prefer the light in shot 2, but I like both. (y)

Hi All,

Thanks for your comments.

Having now seen the third shot in B & W, I agree and will do a change myself and put it up.

Best regards

Chris

#1 is nice mate, the mist around those stones is very nice

I love the first 2, especially #1. The mist and the stones work great together for that ethereal look.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Thanks for additional comments. It seems like No 1 is coming out tops at the moment!

Drove to Taunton from Devizes early yesterday morning with the camera in the car. Some superb mist views across the countryside. But sadly unable to stop on the way down as my meeting was for 08:00 and I was running late!

As I went through Glastonbury the castle on the hill was poking out of the mist, would have been a fantastic photo!

Next time!

Just getting ready to go to Clungunford just South of Craven Arms, North of Hereford. Hopefully I will get some time to take a few pics on route!

Regards

Chris

Hi All,

Number two got me a Highly Commended in our club competition. Not bad for a so so picture.

Best regards

Chris

Back