Critique Sunrise at Saltburn

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
No
It was a bit brisk down at Saltburn yesterday morning. I still haven't sorted a sensible walkabout strap for the Canon, so I took the Lumia 1020 instead. Apologies if these are a bit gritty if you go pixel-peeping; for reasons best known to myself I had put the phone in 5MP mode, not the more usual 41MP+5MP mode. I put these through the same workflow (Lightroom, a little tickle in Color Efex, clone out annoying things in Elements) that I use for my DSLR images.

Saltburn Pier Sunrise
by Peter Whysall, on Flickr

Sunrise Reverse Angle

This one was created using the built-in Panorama tool.

Saltburn Sunrise Panorama

Yeah, the second one was (as they say in snooker) a bit of a shot to nothing. I was trying to capture some of the fine detail in the sky, but missed it. The composition needed the sky to be at 100%, and it's just not.

Glad you like them!

It was a gorgeous sunrise yesterday here inland too, with the sun from clear sky to the east shining under a cloud layer just for half an hour or so.
If you hadn't mentioned they were from a phone the idea wouldn't have entered my head at this size.

I'm quite staggered at how good these are. It's really handy to get this level of quality from a phone. It's always with you so no opportunity lost.

Back