Sunrise Over The Moors (and a strange mark, needing advice)

Name
April 2008
Edit My Images
No
I like this shot... but what has caused the 'second sun'? And more importantly, how do I stop it in future?

IMG_6834.jpg

Oh, is that lens flare? Never quite seen it like that before. Mind you, not often I'm up early taking pics of sunrises :)

I think rather than being lens flare this is an internal reflection within the lens, all lenses will do this especially when pushed with difficult subjects such as this. If it's a refection you should be able to see it if you look carefully through the viewfinder and the best way to get rid of it is to change your focal length slightly as the reflections within the lens are dependant on the focal length and can vary greatly with just a few mm adjustment.

Cheers Alex, that sounds a good explanation because it is just a single vertical duplicate 'sun'. Will look out for that in future.

Lovely colours (y) It can sometimes be almost impossible to stop lens flare, the art is to try and make it look artistic and deliberate [ :whistle: ] or get it in a place where you have a chance of cloning it out. However, personally, it bothers me less than some people, so I tend to try for the former option - not always successfully, but I do try :D

I think rather than being lens flare this is an internal reflection within the lens, all lenses will do this especially when pushed with difficult subjects such as this. If it's a refection you should be able to see it if you look carefully through the viewfinder and the best way to get rid of it is to change your focal length slightly as the reflections within the lens are dependant on the focal length and can vary greatly with just a few mm adjustment.

Agreed, also change your position to the left or right a wee bit.

Back