Sunset 13/8/2009

Name
Kev
Edit My Images
No
I took these the other evening, I wasn't too impressed with the originals so I had a bit of a play with PS Elements. Not really sure what I was doing, but I think they are a bit better now. Any comments would be welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Could probably crop a bit top and bottom of #1, and bottom of #2.
They are very good though, I like them (y)

You have this classic problem of a great sunset but nothing too interesting in the foreground to set it against. These fields would be very scenic during the day but at this time of day it as about their form or reflectivity (or both) which they simply do not have.

Look at any great sunset shot and the foreground will be filled with either silhouette, water/reflections or combinations of them. Strong saturated colours also help.

So I would just learn from these how you handled the camera, the exposure, etc and apply this to the next opportunity - which could appear nightly . (y)

Thanks for the comments. There were some bales in the fields the evening before this, but the sunset didn't happen, then the bales were gone and I got a nice sky. I will get it all together one day.

Back