Sunset at Felixstowe Ferry, Suffolk

Edit My Images
Yes
Local to me, everything shot on a 24-105L, tripod and 0.6/0.9ND grad filter

C&C welcomed, particularly on composure and technique

thanks
Phobic

Fixed the colour space on these and boosted the saturation even more, they now look much better!

Pho

Felixstowe%20Ferry%20(6%20of%2011).jpg

Felixstowe%20Ferry%20(7%20of%2011).jpg

Felixstowe%20Ferry%20(8%20of%2011).jpg

Felixstowe%20Ferry%20(9%20of%2011).jpg

Felixstowe%20Ferry%20(10%20of%2011).jpg

Felixstowe%20Ferry%20(11%20of%2011).jpg

Last edited:
I'm mega puzzled by these photos, the JPGs on my computer have much more saturation, but when viewed in a web browser they appear de-saturated, even if I'm pointing the browser at my hard drive copy.

ODD!

That'll be the colour space difference between your browser and your OS! Don't ask me how to fix it, I just remembered reading about it once :p

A nice bunch of shots, the colours are lovely (and I guess, would be even lovelier if they were displaying right!)

That'll be the colour space difference between your browser and your OS! Don't ask me how to fix it, I just remembered reading about it once :p

A nice bunch of shots, the colours are lovely (and I guess, would be even lovelier if they were displaying right!)

Thanks Purple, I think I've figured it out! I was using the wrong colour space, I change from ProPhoto RGB to sRGB and that sorted it :)

I've boosted the saturation again too, maybe a little too much on a couple of them, what do people think?

Before

After

Last edited:
Has that fixed it? it worked before in my browser but I think it was pointing to the private side of my web hosting site.

made some changes, hope that's fixed it...

hmm very odd, what have I screwed up now :bang:

No idea, but I was looking forward to seeing them as I've taken a few shots around Felixstowe myself and wanted to see another tog's perspective on the place...

#1,2 & 5 i like, like the composition very much on #1 and the angle it's at.

Thanks Graham, #1 was hard to take, I'm stood on the pier itself, plan to go back and try it again to see if I can get a passing boat at the end of the lead in line created by the hand rail, although I may have to stand in the water to get it :D

Back