Sunset at La Jolla, San Diego

Edit My Images
Yes
Pic taken at La Jolla beach, San Diego.

Can someone help me to (photochop) get rid of that sun streak coming through the trees? :( (I could send you the original cause I really like to keep this pic.)

Besides that, I wished I could have stood a bit taller. As it was, I think I was holding the camera over my head and snapped that pic (Wonders of an automatic camera, eh? :D ) I was trying to get more of the sun into the trees so the flaring wouldn't happen... and it happened! :annoyed:

Critique away please. :)

California0030.jpg

Here you go:

california0030.jpg

Post a link to the fullsize image if you want me to doctor it for you. The horizon seems to be slightly off level, but I'll sort that also.

Good job! It does want levelling - that foreground table being off level is actually more distracting than the horizon being off. Just levelling this pic will make a huge difference! :)

Great into the light shot, and using the tree to hide the flare was the right idea. You were unlucky to get that one light streak and the shot is better without it.

The reflections on the foregound table really stand out against the silhouetted trees and really make this shot, adding good depth and foreground interest to the scene.

Good job! - these shots aren't easy! :icon_cool

Hi Gfk,
That looks great! :) I've placed the original here:

http://skl95reunion.com/California0030.JPG

Thanks for your help in advance!

I took a closer look at the levelling and the horizon is only slightly off, perhaps what's unsettling is the fence just below the horizon adding to the illusion that the whole picture is wonky. :) Plus the table is again almost parallel with the horizon but that just exaggerates the fencing.

LoL. I never looked at the picture in such a way before. And you guys are right, it's unsettling!

muchos gracias! :) That just made my day.

Now, I have to go dig up all my messed up photos and get them repaired by you. Haha. Just kidding.

Back