Sunset at Loch Snizort Beag

Name
Marie
Edit My Images
No
Another from last year.
This was shot with a 450D and kit lens at 250mm.
I didnt notice the people out on the boats at the time. I like them silhouetted against the red loch.

3867686687_27fd8b8251_o.jpg

The colours throughout and that sky are fabulous. (y) One observation, by accident, just the way it scrolled down my screen - it might look better without the sliver of beach down at the bottom.

My word Marie thats stunning. I have another of my silly questions though, How? I don't get how you manage to get the colours and the light and still maintain the integrity of the Sun, there are no rays of light. Did you use filters or is it just timing?:thinking:
Wonderful stuff, you are so lucky to live where you do, I have nothing here, no hills no sea just a big flat plain. :bang:

Andy

I would have that one on the wall any day - absolutely stunning well done, if I ever got a picture as good as this I know I have cracked it. :clap:

My word Marie thats stunning. I have another of my silly questions though, How? I don't get how you manage to get the colours and the light and still maintain the integrity of the Sun, there are no rays of light. Did you use filters or is it just timing?:thinking:
Wonderful stuff, you are so lucky to live where you do, I have nothing here, no hills no sea just a big flat plain. :bang:

Andy

Andy, this shot was sheer luck :p
I didnt even know what a filter was a year ago when I shot this. I had no tripod, and no idea how to use the camera settings.
I literally jumped in the car, drove for five minutes, got out and stood at the edge of a field and took several shots as the sun was setting.
It was just one of those nights when the sky was red and I was fortunate enough to be there.
I've never seen it look quite like that since :(

I would have that one on the wall any day - absolutely stunning well done, if I ever got a picture as good as this I know I have cracked it. :clap:

Thank you.
I found this in my archives last night, have printed it out and it does look nice.
I think it may even suit canvas :)

Very impressive.

The colours throughout and that sky are fabulous. (y) One observation, by accident, just the way it scrolled down my screen - it might look better without the sliver of beach down at the bottom.

It does look good like that too doesn't it. There's probably a lovely crop in on the area with the boats too. Perfect tranquility.

Back