Sunset Atmospherics

Edit My Images
Yes
Sun setting to the lower right , sundog at left.

3077760698_01d36de5cf.jpg

I like the sun set colours et al, very nicely exposed to capture that range. I'm just not sure about the composisiton. Maybe being on the shore of that lake (?) would have given the image that extra something. Still, I really like it :) especially for the atmosphere as your title suggests.

Would like to see a larger view to get a good look at the sundog, love the colours in the pic, agree with Tim, just lacks something of interest in it

Afraid I have no experience to comment on the technical aspects of the photograph, but I really do like sunset pictures - the colours, the atmosphere I find very relaxing, and the picture is very peaceful and serene :)

cheers all , yup the loch would have made possibly better foreground but sadly it was at least a half hour walk there and the sundog would have been gone , this was your preverbial 'grab shot'

I might , on reflection ( no pun intended ) try cropping the lower area back to almost the loch line , see if that makes a difference.

I will also see if I can make a link to a larger size later on , off to work now .

Nice sunset, but the silhouette is 'odd' with the break for the water, and generally a little uninteresting. I think if you'd got down low and had some nice grasses as a silhouette, it would have worked better. Assuming that would have been possible.

Back