Sunset - Firth of Tongue

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Another Firth of Tongue shot, this time a sunset.

And, yes I know, the horizon is askew, it was a very rough piece of ground (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). (y)

All c & c's welcome as always.

Cheers

Andy

Firth-of-Tongue---Sunset.jpg

Very nice image, vry rich tones and contrasts that work together

And, yes I know, the horizon is askew, it was a very rough piece of ground (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it)
:nono:

Maybe it was rough ground but that water line is going downhill to the left

Tom

Very nice image, very rich tones and contrasts that work together

:nono:

Maybe it was rough ground but that water line is going downhill to the left

Tom

:agree: There's always straighten or whatever else it is called. I might question the position of the Sun which is very central; somewhere towards a vertical third might have been better. I like the image and you can make more of it.

Haven't been able to get to grips with straighten yet. Must give it a try.
The water runs downhill because its the FAR NORTH and water always runs SOUTH. :thinking:

Andy

Haven't been able to get to grips with straighten yet. Must give it a try.
The water runs downhill because its the FAR NORTH and water always runs SOUTH. :thinking:

Andy
:wacky:

Ahh but the Kyle of Tongue joins the sea at the NORTHERN end of the Kyle - so when the tide goes out to expose those photogenic sand banks in the Kyle the water must be flowing NORTH :shrug: .... and then at the SOUTHERN end of the Kyle you have a bloody great mountain called Ben Loyal from which streams run down, sorry uphill, and join the Kyle of Tongue.

There must be an easier excuse to go back to photograph the Kyle of Tongue.

Back