Sunset Shots (Cliched, I know!)

Edit My Images
Yes
But These were done 8 years ago when I had only just begin using a film slr...a practica actually, for the most part. I lived on the Isle Of Wight here in the Uk which was perfect for sunsets.

industrialsunset.jpg

treesofthika.jpg

sunsetbeach.jpg

microcosmicsky-1.jpg

shiningwaters.jpg

sunsetbeachhuts.jpg

#3 would be my pick. Now you have these film shots as digital images I'd be inclined to straighten the horizons ;)

Hehe, yes, I am kind of infamous for my wonky horizons. I always had issues getting those straight...trying to work on that now. As to straightening them now...I am not sure how I would go about that as I am only just beginning to explore photo editing software.

Hehe, yes, I am kind of infamous for my wonky horizons. I always had issues getting those straight...trying to work on that now. As to straightening them now...I am not sure how I would go about that as I am only just beginning to explore photo editing software.
As you have the edit box ticked, I straightened the horizon as follows in Photoshop. Image>Rotate Canvas>Arbitary>CCW(counter clock wise)>Value 1.6(had to play around with this)>Crop. I lost the border due to the sharp angle of the horizon. Also reduced the noise. Hope this helps. Regards, Misty

sunsetbeachhuts_edited_filtered.jpg

Thanks Misty, that looks so much better now.
I shall have to invest in a book on how to do all of this.

Serif photoplus 6.0
Cannot afford to pay for one at present, though I have got a list of other free programmes. GIMP just looked so complicated to me, although it has been recommended. I also downloaded paint.net or somesuch but not installed that yet. I may, when I have the means, get elements

Serif photoplus 6.0
Cannot afford to pay for one at present, though I have got a list of other free programmes. GIMP just looked so complicated to me, although it has been recommended. I also downloaded paint.net or somesuch but not installed that yet. I may, when I have the means, get elements
I dont know anything about these, sorry. I use Photoshop CS3 Extened which is rather expensive. You should post a query in the forum "Post Processing, Image Editing..........." forum on this site. Im sure you will get helpful advice about sourcing software & the best deals around. Good hunting, Misty :)

Back