Name
David Thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out in to Red Rock Canyon and was in the mood for silhouettes! C&C welcome

Red-Rock-029.jpg

Red-Rock-0341.jpg

Red-Rock-013.jpg

I love the sky in 1 but the silhouette is bland.

I love the sky in 1 but the silhouette is bland.

bland in what way? detail or features? The intention was for silhouette, that's why there's no detail there.

There's a dust spot in the second one. ;)

Second one for me, I like it!

There's a dust spot in the second one. ;)

Oops! Didn't notice that when I was doing them :bonk: Sorted now, thanks!

I see what you were trying to achieve, and overall I like the shots. But for me, (and of course, this is just my opinion...) the boundary between the silouhette and the sky needs to be a bit more exciting. At the moment, the clouds shot a nice gentle graduation between tones, and although not uninteresting, i can't help but feel there needs to be more contrast in shapes in the images. I suppose what I'm trying to say is, if the outline in the first shot was alot more dramatic and jagged, it would contrast more with the gentle tones and shades in the sky.

with the second one, this is not so much the case as this was obviously taken over a much wider area, and as such the sky needs to be slightly more interesting than it currently is (totally out of your control of course :)). The proportion of sky to land in the second one is good however.

The third one I think could be made alot better by being exposed for longer, reavealing more detail in the land. Also, if you could had gotten close to the edge as it were, and be at a perspective whereby you are looking down the slow more, that might work really well. :)

Back