Sunset

Edit My Images
Yes
I took this awhile ago, never really been one for sunsets so I think I can do better but not sure where or what to look out for. So I'm after any hints, tips advice would be great!
46069174_ss_00006.sized.jpg

Techie details
Date and time 10/07/05 - 21:00
Camera Canon 300D
Lens Sigma 28 - 135
Shutter speed 1/1600
Appeture f5.0
ISO Setting 200
Filter Hoya polarizer

I've made a small edit to the LHS lower corner and remove the small branches to clean that up, but there's not much I can do about the sun :woot: :woot:
46069174_ss_00006a.sized.jpg

Many thanks for taking the time to have a look..

Very nice, I like. Could have probably done with the sun placing a little bit further into the shot.

davey, nice pleasing shot there. Looks quietly breathtaking and serene.
Like Gary I would have tried placing the sun more in the shot, and also tried repositioning myself to get rid of the greenery poking into the shot on the left, just distracts me rather than adds to the image (in my eyes anyway).

Hi Dave, hope you don't mind it's far from perfect but just to show that anything is possible, even changing where the sun sets ;) . Lovely pic by the way.
sun6pn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

daveyuk said:
No worries Ken
Please tell me how you did that as it does make it look so much better.

By the way I've still very much got my Photoshop L plates on :woot:
Dave it was really simple, only 2 seconds. I'm not sure as to weher this would be the best option but just came to mind and seemed to work????
All I did was selected the crop tool and all the pic, on the right side I enlarged the image by dragging the crop marker. Then selecting the rectangle tool, I made a rectangle full height of pic on the right of the sun, then free transform and dragged the selection to fill the frame.
Hope you understand that, not sure I have explained it well. Maybe someone else can offer a better sollution.
Ken.

Yep - that's pretty much how I'd do it Ken. You can use the technique to steal back some space you don't have in lots of pics , depending of course on the suitablity of the underlying image which is to be deformed. It works surprisingly well on grass.

The only give away is the elongated ripples on the right of the pic, but without the original version to refer to, no-one would be any the wiser.

CT said:
The only give away is the elongated ripples on the right of the pic, but without the original version to refer to, no-one would be any the wiser.
Yeh I had noticed that but in the original they look different on that right side anyway (only longer now).

A slightly more elegant way to do this is do exactly what Ken as done but feather the mask by a few pixels. Promote the mask to a layer but only drag it a little to the right then combine the layers. Make a fresh selection but slightly narrower than the first and more to the right. Feather the selection, promote it to a layer and drag to the right again . Combine the layers again and repeat as necessary. This way you avoid one big deformation and any hard edges.

As a final touch to hide the stretching of the tree line, set the clone tool quite small and clone in a little tree line detail from elsewhere in the pic. :)

try.jpg

Back