Supermoto

Your impressed?

Bet your not as impressed as me;)

Nice shot:thumb:

Cheers peeps, was a challange as he is going quite quick. Pity about the marshall and the green marshall point.....oh well!

Wasn't the best, got one of my team falling but I'm not posting it on the internet just in case it's used in PR Material, want it to have that "so that's what they've been talking about" when it's printed.

Carl.

CarlOgden said:
Got this one:-
It's using the "*" for focus and shutterbutton to take the AE/Shot.
Carl.

care to elaborate for us mere mortals..
great pic BTW

Custom function 4. Default is set to 0, change it to 1.

This means the the focus is on the "*" button, and exposure lock is on the halfpressed shutter.

(IE Half pressing the shutter only locks the exposure, doesn't focus).

Nice shot mate :thumb: Don't think we've anything like that up here :(

Wouldn't worry too much about the marshall, I've been doing an awful lot of studying what the pro's produce and believe me there are a lot of guys out there selling shots which are nowhere near as good as that. A good place to see some of the quality work is mags like dirtbike rider, tmsnews.co.uk and a dozen others :)

What's the exif for it?

Nice shot. Ive recently swapped the shutter button and the * button for AE/AF and I too am well pleased.:D

dod said:
Nice shot mate :thumb: Don't think we've anything like that up here :(

Wouldn't worry too much about the marshall, I've been doing an awful lot of studying what the pro's produce and believe me there are a lot of guys out there selling shots which are nowhere near as good as that. A good place to see some of the quality work is mags like dirtbike rider, tmsnews.co.uk and a dozen others :)

What's the exif for it?

I already have had work published with TMX and am hopeing for them to use me for all the Irish Supermoto Championship rounds, starting at the end of March. DBR and those other MX mags aren't really interested in Supermoto at the moment.

When I get home, I'll get the EXIF info but I think I was running my 1DMk2 on Appature priority and something like f4/f5.6.

I will agree, swapping the buttons does improve the quality of the shots.

Cheers,
Carl.

It's using the "*" for focus and shutterbutton to take the AE/Shot.

I'm impressed and will continue using it!

I know I should be using that but for some reason I've never got arround to resetting the camera and learning the feel of it.

It has given you a great shot there but don't let the camera config take too much credit. ;)

CarlOgden said:
I already have had work published with TMX
Good stuff, I spoke to the editor earlier in the week and he had a look at my shots. He wanted me to cover the first round of the Scottish MX in tain this weekend but it's been snowed off :( Hopefully see you in the mag sometime ;)

Good shot carl, what lens you using ect?

The light must have been pretty good to get the kind of shutter you needed with that aperture. Not the type of shots you could get in sunny radcliff today with that aperture lol

Great shot Carl. :clap:
Are you going to the 3 sisters round this weekend?
Rich?

excellent shot!

Exif info:-

Aperture Value 3.625
Color Space 1
Custom Rendered 0
Date Time Digitized 2006:02:26 15:05:08
Date Time Original 2006:02:26 15:05:08
Exif Version 2.2.1
Exposure Bias Value 0
Exposure Mode 0
Exposure Program 3
Exposure Time 0.002
Flash 16
FlashPix Version 1.0
FNumber 3.5
Focal Length 170
Focal Plane Resolution Unit 2
Focal Plane X Resolution 3098.592
Focal Plane Y Resolution 3097.884
ISO Speed Ratings 800
Metering Mode 5
Pixel X Dimension 3504
Pixel Y Dimension 2336
Scene Capture Type 0
Shutter Speed Value 9
White Balance 1

TIFF Properties

Date Time 2006:02:26 15:05:08
Make Canon
Model Canon EOS-1D Mark II
Orientation 1
Resolution Unit 2
X Resolution 72
Y Resolution 72

I'm planning to go to 3 sissys but not sure when. I might be there Saturday afternoon. Depending on the weather.

Not sure on Sunday yet. I don't really fancy standing around in the snow, in Wigan, in March!!

Carl.

Carl, I know what you mean. I went to the 1st round there last year and it was fffffreezing !

It's worse now...... :(

Not looking forward to it, in the office in the morning but might nip over, then decide about Sunday.

Carl.

I know I did ask, but what is the score with going to the Three Sisters? When are the 'chargable' days, and when can we go for free?

Sorry I remember asking you before Carl, but can't find the thread.

Didn't think I'd answered that one!

Not sure is the obvious answer.

Tomorrow they'll be robbing you of £10.00

I'm going and when the lad on the gate asks me, I'll be saying "Press!" but I've now got my Irish Press pass for the Irish Supermoto Championship. I usually say a dirt mag and as I've got a big bag of cameras and stuff, I get away with it ;)

I'll ask. It might be worth me asking one of the managers if I can sort something out for "Photo clubs" ;)

I'll report back,
Carl.

Going to speak with the Operations Manager tomorrow to see if something can be arranged.

Carl.

Cheers Carl, that might be a great idea if it works out.

BTW They won't be robbing me of anything tomorrow, I'm staying home in the warm :D
Thanks for the answer though. I suppose it probably depends on whats on.

Back