Surprised by this

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

out walking today, certaintly took me by surprise (Panic)...
I know its not the best shot in the world but, I am quite pleased with it.

any C&C will be most welcome....:ty:

----------
graham

Nice shot to say you where in a panic, and a nice catch seeing an Apache out in the wild.

Thank you Big Al - very lucky in deed, just need to get a decent shot so I hang on my wall.

-------------
Graham

Good shot considering you no doubt didn't have much time to think about it.

The sky colour looks a bit dodgy but should be fixable.

I've seen much worse - nice work (y)

Good shot considering you no doubt didn't have much time to think about it.

The sky colour looks a bit dodgy but should be fixable.

Totally agree, without sounding completely stupid what would you suggest, I was thinking layers replacing the sky? Yes-No

Cheers Graham

I've seen much worse - nice work (y)

Thank you appreciate that.

Totally agree, without sounding completely stupid what would you suggest, I was thinking layers replacing the sky? Yes-No

You could replace the sky, although I'm not really a fan of that much manipulation and the complicated outline of the Apache would make it a really fiddly job.

Try selecting the bg with the magic wand and adjusting RGB sliders, and levels to get the sky colour you want. Crappy quick shot at it for you...

3774854422_1afcf6b5c1_o.jpg

Don't forget to do a slight low opacity blue fill on the cockpit glass as it wouild reflect the sky colour in reality.

There's be a lot of work involved to really get a good convincing edit out of this, and sometimes I think you just have to charge things up to Lady Luck and experience. On the other hand it's great Photoshop practice, which is never wasted. ;)

Last edited:
You could replace the sky, although I'm not really a fan of that much manipulation and the complicated outline of the Apache would make it a really fiddly job.

Try selecting the bg with the magic wand and adjusting RGB sliders, and levels to get the sky colour you want. Crappy quick shot at it for you...

3774854422_1afcf6b5c1_o.jpg

Don't forget to do a slight low opacity blue fill on the cockpit glass as it wouild reflect the sky colour in reality.

There's be a lot of work involved to really get a good convincing edit out of this, and sometimes I think you just have to charge things up to Lady Luck and experience. On the other hand it's great Photoshop practice, which is never wasted. ;)

Cheers, I'll give it a bash.

Nicely caught!

Thank you...

Well caught - nice photo!

Thank you very much too...

Wow. where do go walking? Basra?
good shot and such a fortunate discovery in the wild!!

No, just around Essex, when i moved here they said it was quite county. Very fortunate.

Nice one - you managed to escape then? :p

No not yet - hope to get out soon though.

Cheers guys for all your comments (y)(y)

Back