Suzuki GSX-R 750 - Light Painted

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out to shoot a bike this evening, first ever...

Really quite happy with this (y)

464545_393560134052981_1387044060_o.jpg

Any C&C? things to improve, consider for next time?

Thanks for all the nice comments!

Surrey Weddings said:
why are you calling it light painted though??? is it not just flashed with a grid or a zoom?....

Nope, only used a torch for this one.

Hi BraindG,

I really like this, so much that I would love to try and get close to that with a friend who has asked me to do some shots of his bike.

Light painting is something I haven't really tried yet so would love it if you could share some setup tips etc?

great shot. Have yet to lightpaint a car or bike, any particular tips you could share, i.e. how long did you leave the exposure while painting it? Did you specifically light up the wheels or generally run the light all over, would be really handy for the rest of us :)

For me, straight off the pages of the brochure. Brilliantly done (y)

Thank you all, kind words!

Carlh said:
great shot. Have yet to lightpaint a car or bike, any particular tips you could share, i.e. how long did you leave the exposure while painting it? Did you specifically light up the wheels or generally run the light all over, would be really handy for the rest of us :)

The bike was really easy tbh, just wish cars were as simple! - the above consists of 3 exposures, one long exposure for the background, think 3 mins, then 2 10 second exposures with torch - I do have some exposures of the bike under a soft box but, the first image was just to good as it was, it didn't need anymore light.

For one exposure I was behind the bike, following the curves with torch pointing towards camera.

The second I walked behind the bike arm stretched out between bike and camera, the torch was pointing down tithe ground.

Was really quick and simple.

the 2nd image looks a bit stretched to me, otherwise very nicely lit once again. Really love that 1st image, that is wall art worthy :)

Love the first one and love the bike! Would a full moon behind work?

nice one barry, thanks for showing us how you done that, I didnt realise you done two exposures, it must have been really dark for the background not to have come up in just the one shot.

Love that second close crop pic, stunning bud! :)

(im going out tonight because of you, i have to try this!)

Last edited:
Love the first one and love the bike! Would a full moon behind work?

Might be cool actually, add in some bats too? :thinking:

nice one barry, thanks for showing us how you done that, I didnt realise you done two exposures, it must have been really dark for the background not to have come up in just the one shot.

Love that second close crop pic, stunning bud! :)

(im going out tonight because of you, i have to try this!)

Tell me how you got on! and have fun (y)

lol, if the bike was in Carbon Black then the bats could work quite nicely, cue bat-bike!

They are superb shots. I do agree that the front wheel should be straightened, especially on the second shot.
Gonna really have to try that with my bike, wonder how well it will work with a black bike

I've gotta say i really love this! A very saleable shot too. Could be worth sending over to a couple of mags?

Really well done! Love this! You've inspired me to get out with my mates bike and try for something similar. Great photo :)

Thanks for all the nice comments all, really appreciate it.

I'll bear in mind to straighten the wheel next time, it didn't even cross my mind tbh.

Back