Suzuki RGV-500

Name
scott
Edit My Images
No
I sold this bike to a friend in 2000 as a stock RGV250M, I then sold him all the parts over the next 2 years so he could convert it into a RGV500, then we took pics at the studio which is next door to the workshop. Full circle indeed.
_LWS6168compx.jpg

_LWS6155compwmx.jpg

IMG_4513.jpg

the watermark is ruining the second shot to the extent that I cant see the bike. :crying:

a view of your studio is really interesting and I'd like to see a fairing off shot as it is in the third to see the engine and exhausts because its the mechanics that really interests me.

as for the conversion itself - stunning :clap:

[taff wanders away whistling and wondering where he can get a 500 engine to do the same to his RGV :naughty:]

:D ....bet thats fun, correction, bet thats scary. :eek: (y)

Nice job, looks beautiful, love to see a low shot from the front, kinda an iconic view I always think.

Photography's spot on too. (y)

I do agree that logo is to big and fancy to slap across the middle... something less confusing would be friendlier to the image I find.

"Don't you just love the smell of 2 strokes in the morning"

Looks well sorted, and some great pictures too - great work, from both of you.

Steve

Agree about the watermark, really unnecessary.

Lovely bike though, looks well put together and i'm v.jealous.

I had to watermark it sorry, sold the shots to an American bike mag.
Just had a super sexy R1 in for pics, finished in the King Kenny speedblocks. I love my job.

Glory days of insaine 2 strokes :LOL: Great shots and a nice studio set-up :clap:

That and the RD500 were my fav 2 strokes.. just loved seeing em.. hearing em.. riding em... just about as mental as you can get without being a four stroke jap...

A cracking set.. real memory lane stuff..

You forgot smelling them Faggle. :D

---

As a mechanical nut case, I love the simple efficiency of two strokes, much of the engines ability stems from the exhaust shape, those swollen areas you see at the beginning. (Expansion chambers) They are intended to 'Tune' the exhausted explosions by allowing the explosion to expand at a suitable rate and offer a 'musical' frequency' or a ripple of back pressure which aids the next induction of fuel and air arriving into the cylinder. Changing the shape of those expansion chambers alters the performance or state of tune. Hence the phrase, to tune, or engine tuning, it all came from two strokes.
A two stroke engine when running in its sweet spot.. literally sings.

..at full revs, each cylinder is doing its cycle about 200 times per second....twice the fuel/explosion rate of a four stroke. :woot:

:love::geek:

..at full revs, each cylinder is doing its cycle about 200 times per second....twice the fuel/explosion rate of a four stroke.

This is true, but they get through pistons 4 times as often :LOL:

Actually, a modern "injected" 2 stroke can be one of the greenest engines around. They just cost too much to put together now - shame 'cause they sound wonderful.

Steve

Yeah thats right, (Depending on how you measure pollutants,) if its the invisible dangerous ones rather than the sooty dirty ones your concerned about then a two stroke on 'tune' is very clean burning (super efficient combustion) ...it out of this rev area, when its below its sweet spot is when it pollutes like crazy, in fact you may as well splash petrol behind you constantly by comparison. :(

That and as you say the piston/rings/barrel rapid ware facts that is part of owning a two stroke, jamming expensive power valves that need overhauling, and, in the reality of everyday use, unreliable cranks, seals and bearings does nothing for its saleability compared to four strokes.

Still, they've got road going four stroke bikes revving to 16k plus now thanks to shorter con-rods, lighter stronger pistons that can take the huge increase in inertia that comes hand in hand with spinning things faster....I believe the F1 cars do over 20k ..those pistons must weigh a few tonnes each at those revs ...makes you think...well it does me. :LOL:

Lovely bike and pics reservoircogs.

Enjoyed reading the thread - still have my RGV in the garage. Could do with another rebuild to get it roadworthy. I can remember the first time it seized up very well - left some lovely black lines up the road :)

Example from my RGV250K , the memory of it still makes me grin :D

:LOL: Been there done that many times...

Brings back memory's though, can't beat a two stroke in the powerband for a grin inducing, sphincter tightning ride.

Wish I still had my RD :crying:

Great Photo's of a beautiful bike BTW (y)

This makes me miss my NSR250. I want it back, even if I am too big for it now.

As for pollutants, who cares, pollution from two strokes is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

ace shots, ace studio and of course gorgeous 2 stroke, saw the kick start and it just reminded me of the lovely smell of cas e R. Wow, todays biker dont know they're born, bliss of ronny ring ding. No wonder you love your job.....

Thanks for the feedback .
Talking of GSXR's here's mine...a 1986 slabby!
IMG_4367.jpg

been a bit of an on going project...:)
Basically it's like the one I wanted when I was 17! but I ended up with a YPVS350 instead.
Just dug it out from a winter in with the dogs..woof
IMG_4412.jpg

IMG_4304.jpg

Still got an LC though
IMG_3499.jpg

Was raced last year by a mate.
Now mix business and pleasure...write a column for a bike mag, basically on the folk who pass thru my workshop.
Just how I managed to talk this guy into pics in house I don't know.
IMG_2681.jpg

Scottie

Are you the bike breaker in PB?

Back