Svalbard: Polar bear mums and cubs

They are awesome, although the the photo with the seagulls in the back ground, I dunno if it is the perspective, but the gulls look like they could carry the Bears off!

Thanks. The glaucous gulls are pretty big birds but they couldn't quite manage a polar bear.

Some fantastic photos there but my favourite has to be number four

Thanks for commenting.

Some good shots, but the last one with the little bears paws on the ice chunks is so very good. Well Done.

Many thanks. Those "ice chunks" are the vertebrae of a dead whale.

Really great set :clap:
I like the way you put then im context as well.
The size of the gulls in No4 surprised me.

Yes it was a nice story - it was listed in the Editor's "six of the best" box on the home page so nice and prominent - together with a small picture on the home page as well... thought to myself 'I recognise those shots' - Congratulations, really nice piece

(oh heck i have just admitted to reading the daily mail)

Stunning Ken

Thanks Karen

Yes it was a nice story - it was listed in the Editor's "six of the best" box on the home page so nice and prominent - together with a small picture on the home page as well... thought to myself 'I recognise those shots' - Congratulations, really nice piece

(oh heck i have just admitted to reading the daily mail)

You are certainly forgiven for reading the Mail today!!

#5&6 are absolutely awesome!!

Many thanks John.

Theese are fabulous, really enjoyed them, the first few have a big Wow factor and then a big smile on my face with the amusement of the youngster in the last few.
Top notch !!

Dean

I've subscribed to this thread, when it was first posted, as I just fell in love with the emotions in the whole series. Every now and then I come back , have a look at these shots and can't help but wonder how well mum and baby are doing :shrug:

These may be some of the most :love: heart-touching :love: nature & wildlife shots I've seen for a good while (y)

Photo no.1 is stunning, the reflection of the mother in the water(y)

Thank you. It was a magic moment.

Amazing shots, the first is my fave of the bunch.

Thanks for your comment.

I've subscribed to this thread, when it was first posted, as I just fell in love with the emotions in the whole series. Every now and then I come back , have a look at these shots and can't help but wonder how well mum and baby are doing :shrug:

These may be some of the most :love: heart-touching :love: nature & wildlife shots I've seen for a good while (y)

Thanks Wail. I was surprised but delighted to see this thread re-appear as I think these are my favourites of all my pictures. They bring back quite emotional memories of that day. I spent about six hours in the zodiac, much of the time kneeling on the metal flooring, but I didn't want it to end however cold I was!

Ditto all the comments above--great shots!

Many thanks

Number 1 really is a stunner. The rest are excellent too.

Thanks, that's my favourite too.

What a stunning set! Very well done.

Many thanks.

wonderful pics in all your threads.

if you don't mind me asking, what was the length and cost of this trip? i've looked on the website of the company you mentioned but i don't see a photographic trip listed.

wonderful pics in all your threads.

if you don't mind me asking, what was the length and cost of this trip? i've looked on the website of the company you mentioned but i don't see a photographic trip listed.

If you go to the home page of Exodus at http://www.exodus.co.uk you will see a panel on the right hand side which will lead you to the polar bear photo trips. They are usualy one week on the ship plus travel each way. The cost has gone up dramatically since I went last year with the surge in oil prices. Exodus also do photographic special holidays to the Antarctic, India (for tigers), Masai Mara and to Sri Lanka for leopards and whales. If you search on their site under activities you can see the range available which, I think, is being expanded to include bird and flower photography as well.

amazing shots, its always been a dream of mine to photograph polar bears.

Back