Sven Goran Eriksson

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a call to shoot Sven tonight after his team (Leicester) beat Derby tonight. I have only had the D3s for 2 days so a daunting task for me! This photo is VERY much copyright to myself and by request from Sven not to appear anywhere not within my control. That in mind I'm asking for on the fly CC on this. I ask because I am now tasked with shooting all celebs that appear a certain eating place I shoot for.

If this photo is required for use, not for it's technical accolade, but more for timing and location please PM me.

CCP_0949.jpg

You've caught the mood nicely, but as an image destined for (newspaper) publication, it's just too dark - those reds and blues won't reproduce at all well and all the deatil wll be lost.

I would seriously consider getting to grips with off-camera flash (I know: I hate it too) for this type of shot, especially if it's going to be a regular occurrence.

Just a single low-powered flash placed low to camera-left would better light the face, thus preserving the intimate feel of the shot... That could be done with just an SB900 on a sync-lead - no need to mess around with stands and sofboxes etc.

If you're worried about copyright or it getting nicked I would remove it from here pronto!

As for crit, I agree with Rob, it's a touch dark.

Agree with the light levels.

Also for me, its a little too high. I would have prefered a tad more of his body captured as well.

You've caught the mood nicely, but as an image destined for (newspaper) publication, it's just too dark - those reds and blues won't reproduce at all well and all the deatil wll be lost.

I would seriously consider getting to grips with off-camera flash (I know: I hate it too) for this type of shot, especially if it's going to be a regular occurrence.

Just a single low-powered flash placed low to camera-left would better light the face, thus preserving the intimate feel of the shot... That could be done with just an SB900 on a sync-lead - no need to mess around with stands and sofboxes etc.

Some great feedback there! I'd not use this type of shot for newspapers I've always used bounce flash for that. Last night was not the time to use it with other diners. I did use flash later in the night for customer shots.

I have the RAW file this one above is just off the JPEG back up I will have a play with them and post some new ones!

If you're worried about copyright or it getting nicked I would remove it from here pronto!

As for crit, I agree with Rob, it's a touch dark.

Cheers, and as for the copyright all anyone would have to do is ask (y)

Agree with the light levels.

Also for me, its a little too high. I would have prefered a tad more of his body captured as well.

The wine glasses and the booth was in the way of the rest of him, I've had some people say that the WB is so far off it's offensive. I can't see it as the lighting there was all blue and red :shrug:

This would work a thousand times better in black and white.

The white balance could really do with being sorted. An increase in exposure also would help.
I often find that auto white balance on the D3s is out. I find that If I use 'cloudy' on some shots it puts it just about there. I had the same with my D3 when I had it.
If the image wasn't so heavily copyrighted, I could show you how it could be changed so easily. :)

Kev.

The white balance could really do with being sorted. An increase in exposure also would help.
I often find that auto white balance on the D3s is out. I find that If I use 'cloudy' on some shots it puts it just about there. I had the same with my D3 when I had it.
If the image wasn't so heavily copyrighted, I could show you how it could be changed so easily. :)

Kev.

Image editing is ok (y)

I have had a crack a a few of these shots as the white balance is out on a quite a few... I hate to say it but the 300s seemed to handle auto WB better I'll have to have a play. I have changed them in NX using spot grey card WB

read some stuff by niel van niekerk on lighting. his ebook is excellent

Image editing is ok (y)

I have had a crack a a few of these shots as the white balance is out on a quite a few... I hate to say it but the 300s seemed to handle auto WB better I'll have to have a play. I have changed them in NX using spot grey card WB
Did this a while back, but not sure I should have posted it or not? I will remove if you want. Can't remember exactly what I dis apart from increase exposure and using Nik Colour Effects <Remove Colour Cast>

CCP_0949.jpg

"A certain eating place"

"The rest of the photos from the night are now on the Facebook page of San Carlo Leicester"

:clap:

Yep they belong to them as it was them I was shooting for. I just don't advertise people I shoot for, so I work certain places and for certain people!

Did this a while back, but not sure I should have posted it or not? I will remove if you want. Can't remember exactly what I dis apart from increase exposure and using Nik Colour Effects <Remove Colour Cast>

CCP_0949.jpg

Nice edit! I'm pleased to say that the WB on the D3s is much better and now and on PRE 9 times of 10 don't have the issue!

(y)

glad you got it sorted. (y)

Back