Swallows

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Hi Folks
been taking pics for 20yrs and since digital exploded a few years ago -the 'bar' has been raised with shots that were almost impossible to achieve a few years ago

any way after as certain Jody Mandelson has been posting swallows 'in flight' on Fred Miranda on a regular basis
thought I would give it a go today and these posted here are the best I could come up with, I know they do not campare with Jody's efforts but what the hell
it took 4 hours to get these :D

all are extreme crops and have some noise.. but as it was my 1st attempt at this... I am sure you will forgive me

I am sure next time I can do a fair bit better (hopefully)
170757157-L.jpg

170757597-L.jpg

170757943-L.jpg

170757227-L.jpg

170757272-L.jpg

cheers Chris

That must have taken some doing as they move so rapidly, love the last one with a beak full of what look like lacewings?

I've been trying for weeks to get shots like those. I haven't got one, not one, not a single shot in focus.

Those really are very, very good indeed. :)

Pretty good those. I know how fast they move.

Look a bit noisy tho.. high ISO and huge crop?

They are amazingly good for a first attempt..:clap:

Again I have spent many hours trying to acheave similar but failed..:LOL:

fantastic 5 + 3 for that nailed focus on the face(y) my bigma cant focus quick anoth on bif so im trouling through all the reviews at the mo.
many thanks jason

5 & 3 spot on :clap: i also have tried shots like this and failed :crying:

5 & 3 spot on :clap: i also have tried shots like this and failed :crying:

How to get 5,000 shutter actions on your camera very quickly.

Just try this..:D

LOL. I'll see how you get on first then Tim. :LOL:

LOL. I'll see how you get on first then Tim. :LOL:

I can handle those flying things with the engines up front but these..:help: :help: :help:

No Swallows round these parts - that's my excuse. ;)

Cheers guys
never realised what mean looking guys these swallows are... they look so graceful 'swooping' about yet when I saw the pics of them they sure look like they mean business

as for photographing flying things... these were hard to get

I have already had my first attempt at butterflys in flight, and failed miserably LOL
but definatly want a 2nd go sometime in the future

anyway thanks for the favourable comments
Chris

Excellent shots there Chris, you should be very proud of those, love the one with lunch in it's beak !

Alan

We have housemartins all around us and I've never managed to capture a single one in focus so very well done indeed!

These are pretty good Chris, what gear did you use ?
BTW, said hello to your missus this morning :)

Excellent shots there Chris, you should be very proud of those, love the one with lunch in it's beak !

Alan

Alan
last time I saw you - if I remember you had your lunch in your beak LOL

Les
used my 1dmk2 and started with my 70-200mm F4 and could not get a fast enough shutter speed to freeze the action so then used my 24-70mm F2,8 zoom which improved the shutter speeds somewhat

will be having another go with my 200mm 'wide open' soon and see what I can come up with

Hope you got my missus to get some discount for me LOL costing me a small fortune in that place recently

Cheers Chris

Back