Swan & Bird in flight

Name
Susan
Edit My Images
No
A few weeks back I headed to Murdoch Country Park, near Milgavie. It was really cold and there wasn't a huge amount to shoot. Apart from this swan that is. I got pretty close to it, about a metre from it, without being pecked!! It was pretty tame.

Unfortunately the water was a bit grotty looking and the swan in turn was a bit brown. However nothing that some good old dodgy in photoshop can fix lol

C & C welcome :)

swan.jpg

#2 - I know I should have got more of it's body in, but I couldn't see through the view finder becuase it was so low down unfortunately. I didn't fancy lying in the mud for the shot i'm afraid.
swan%20close.jpg

swan%20head.jpg

#4 - This was taken about a month ago, but it's one of my favourites
PB291731.jpg

Nice set, No1 is the pick for me. You have caught the blurring of the wings in the Black-headed gull which gives a good sense of motion

Love the 3rd swan shot! Unusual take on the normal swan shot!

Gull also looks very good, enhanced (imho) by the background colours and comp!

Very nice shots Susan. Particularly the Gull in flight one. I take it you were panning the camera (following the bird) to take that? Is it Mugdock country park you mean?

thanks all :)

yeah sorry it's mugdock, i always get confused, my best mates surname is Murdoch and I always get the two names confused :bonk:

the last one of the bird in flight was taken at Gartmorn dam in Sauchie, near Alloa. I work in Alva and like to get out locally in my lunch break. I tried to pan it, I was just lucky that it decided to fly away while I had the camera in my hand waiting :)

Back