Swan

Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited by a moderator:
Really quite a difficult one to coment on , the black & white for me is a no although I like the reflection ,it might be better in color and certainly as an upright image cropping out the background right and left?
The second in color much the same as the reflection of the second swan takes my eye away from the image, it would also been nice to see more if not all the reflection of the main swan. achieved by cropping a lot nearer the top of the swans head. It seems also that you keep the subject in the centre of the image, so I would find a free website that explains a little about composition
Hope this helps
all the best Phillip

Not too bad at all for your first photos on here, you should have seen my first efforts, or maybe not :)

I like the first black and white one and the reflection, but agree with Philip it would benifit from having the two sides cropped, more of the lefthand side so it's not so central.

Swans are pretty hard to get right as its so easy to "blow" overexpose the whites. This has happened a little on the right hand side of the second one. but I'm sure that could be resolved in PP. It would have been nice to see the reflection of its head and possibly clone out that reflection top right.

Apart from that well done, I hope to see more from you (y)

Thanks allot for the advice. Im only using iphoto to edit photos at the moment. Not really up to speed with the editing.
Ive changed the black and white picture to what you suggested. The colour picture only had the back cropped to take out the other 2 swans and the sides a little. The original shot cut out the reflection.
Any more advice or tips is appreciated.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2527/4137617437_404794024f_b.jpg

Again thanks for looking.

Staff Edit : Images changed to clickable links. Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules.
Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agreed that the first one needed cropping more off both sides some of the whites are blown but swans can be difficult I think your edit is a lot better love the reflection so well done bird photography is very challenging so good luck hope to see more

Went back over there today with a different lens (30mm) hoping to get some better shots.
Mixed feelings on most. Id love some more help if people have time, i can post them on here but there are quite a few so ill just link in my flickr for now. http://www.flickr.com/photos/43281575@N04/
Thanks again for the comments its the only way im going to improve.

Amazing, wish there was swans in my park, would be better than the rats...

Back