switching from canon400d

Edit My Images
No
Is it good to switch from (Canon400d+10-22+50f1.4) -->D300+18-200VR

After i handled my friend's D300 i like its ergonomics, image quality (w/o any pp) and i think..especially it is very good for HDR compared to my 400d.

I am going to give my anxiety a cooling period and then see it i still cant resist.. look out for boxing day spls...

Any advices from your experience pls?

:agree: but even if you do decide to switch camps I wouldn't go for an 18-200 VR, there are far better ways to spend the money when it comes to Nikon glass....

Why not try a 40D or 50D before jumping systems.

I tried 50D i saw that with higer ISO (whilst shooting at low lights), the image was softer..

human skin tones are better in 50D compared to D300..

more over.. i am completely got by HDR photography were D300 gives the edge with more EV more options compared to 50D

I agree 50D is a good DSLR + switching systems makes me loose some money on the trade-ins...

still wondering if it is worth to swtich.. if anyone have crossed over.. what is your thoughts..

:agree: but even if you do decide to switch camps I wouldn't go for an 18-200 VR, there are far better ways to spend the money when it comes to Nikon glass....

I thought D300 is a heavy toy, why not got with a all-in-one lens.. otherwise i would have got for one of the trinity lenses (provided i have the budget)
in the canon world 24-105 would suit my purpose...

do you have any suggestion of lenses pls?

It seems Canons quality control has gone out to lunch again. Wait before buying a 50d (or 5d2) it seems theres a problem with black dots in their images (it's all over the web) they seem to occure next to highlights, personally I'd hang on a bit and see what happens.
It makes more sense to stick with Canon as you already have some canon gear, check out the 40d, new ones should have come down a little with the launch of the 50d. Wayne

It seems Canons quality control has gone out to lunch again. Wait before buying a 50d (or 5d2) it seems theres a problem with black dots in their images (it's all over the web) they seem to occure next to highlights, personally I'd hang on a bit and see what happens.
It makes more sense to stick with Canon as you already have some canon gear, check out the 40d, new ones should have come down a little with the launch of the 50d. Wayne

Can you put any links to this as I have just bought a used 50D
Thanks

Back