SXC MTB Race - Fyrish

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Second part of my busy weekend. Greg wanted to race XC this weekend and I decided to take pictures. Really enjoyed this different discipline and glad I stuck out at different parts of the course. Here are some of the photos that are interesting for me. Hope you like them too!

C&C always welcome. (y)

Greg - on Mum's bike.... with Dad's hat & glasses. Blooming downhillers!! :LOL:
XA1D3437.jpg

Steve Brown. Friend and neighbour. Also an ace B&W photographer.
_MG_9533.jpg

In the woods
XA1D3557.jpg

All sizes..
XA1D3589.jpg

Ian Taylor. A fella I have ridden with a few times. Don't think he'll like this one
XA1D3606.jpg

Alan Sinclair. Remember the name as this young lad is seriously good.
XA1D3616.jpg

Don't know this young man's name but he was going strong. 61 years young I was told.
XA1D3635.jpg

Yeah, I'll have a drink...
XA1D3640.jpg

Fraser.. my nephew!
XA1D3662.jpg

The sprog's race was hotly contended! :eek:
XA1D3670.jpg

My assistant getting into paparazzi mode! :LOL:
_MG_9572.jpg

The Elite's head out..
XA1D3713.jpg

....and he led it the whole way....
XA1D3861.jpg

......but not without a fight from this guy.
XA1D3864.jpg

Nice set of snaps, my favorites were no. 2 and 14.
Those (for me) have captured the sport very nicely, and I am sure those two could very easily be on a MTB-BMX magazine.

I know the last two shots are in similar, but the 14 has some air in it and more 'action'
That for me really is the best of the bunch.

Number 2 I liked as it shows the steepness of the course and the consentration on the cyclists face.. good moment you caught there!

Thanks for the comments guys.

GGB - I have edited 14 a little more and it is a definite keeper for the portfoilio. (y)

I particularly like 2 and 3. 3 is very well framed wit ha good depth of field.

Great shots there Gary (y)

My favs have to be no's 3, 13 and 14 amazing depth of field.

Only just noticed this thread. More cracking shots HIMUPNORTH. Loving the ones in the woods, and the young'uns, especially no.10.

I've already got a few XC races lined up over the coming months to further my off-camera flash technique. I see your assistant already has some PocketWizards too! :LOL:

Your 61 year old in pic 7 is a regular at our Kielder races. Got several pic's of him and he's always smiling. And he doesn't do too badly either - faster than many half his age. And just for completion, his name is Dave McLean. :D

davemclean2.jpg

Some great shots there Gary and your son is the spitting image of you!

Was just wondering, when and where are these events held. As; one I'd love to participate, and two I'd love to photograph it.

Only problem is, I dout my bike would handle these trails, is it possible to rent bikes?

Oh, and #2 Works for me, he just seems to stand out.

Last edited:
Cracking xc race shots! Enjoyed these :)

Dunno where to hire bikes in Inverness but Learnie has a nice xc trail....nothing scary and no need for a tricked out bike. If it goes and stops it'll do ;)

For pics of nutters try Balnain bike park. Had some big stuff and a busy riding scene last I was there.

Thats what I'm scared of, the bike doesn't stop, I don't really have the knowledge or the money to sort that right now, but I'm sure I can fix it eventually.

Last edited:
Back