Sydney New years fireworks

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Note: I wasn't sure what section to put these, so i hope this is the right one.

Hi everyone, trust Xmas and New Year was good to you all. I was on holiday in Australia (yeah, poor me) and I've got nearly 3000 RAW files to wade through now. The first ones I've done are from the Sydney New Years Eve fireworks displays. As always any crtique no matter how harsh welcome, I'm pleased as I've never really done well with fireworks before.

For info we didn't get to the venue early doors (I wanted to) so I was nowhere near the front. I was inventive to get height to look over people but they were still in the lower foreground hence the small amount of water in the photos.

IMG_4446_2 by MJ Wilson, on Flickr

IMG_4533 by MJ Wilson, on Flickr

IMG_4536 by MJ Wilson, on Flickr

IMG_4571 by MJ Wilson, on Flickr

All shots here were taken with my 5D and Zuiko 28mm f/2.8 so the bridge one is a heavy crop sadly.
Thanks for looking

A really great set (y) I've always amazed at the fireworks in Sydney and would love to visit for them one year, maybe I will in the future, I think that you've done a great job in capturing these (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

I know what you mean about the exposure but the variance between each shot was mind blowing, I have a lot of very under exposed shots too. Due to how I gained height over people with the tripod stood on an electrical box I couldn't change exposure very easily - even if I had I imagine that the fireworks would have got lighter or darker to.spite me :)

Back