Midlands Sywell Airfield: Light Aircraft Association Rally 3-5 Sept 21

lindsay

Admin
Name
Lindsay
Edit My Images
Yes
This weekend (Fri-Sun) is the Light Aircraft Association Rally at Sywell Airfield near Northampton and Wellingborough. Although primarily aimed at hobby pilots and aircraft enthusiasts, and especially light aircraft home-builders, the rally offers an opportunity to photographers to get up close and personal in the airside aircraft parking areas as well as shooting landing and taking off. All for a fee of course: annual membership of the LAA is £65 and gets you in for £6 for the weekend and airside for free, or nonmembers get in for £15 and a further £10 to go airside. All details are at: LAA Rally site

I will be going; I don't fly anymore and have a part-built aeroplane in my garage, but the weather looks half-decent and I fancy doing some togging of aeroplanes for a change.

Great day out at Sywell yesterday (Sat 04.09.21), good to be out around aircraft again :)

Zlin Z-526F Czech built trainer aircraft:

51427131856_1381b73dab_o.jpg

Nice shot Graham. I was put off by the overcast yesterday but went today (Sunday). No photos to show for it that I'm happy with, but it was just nice to get out there again. I haven't been to the rally for a number of years, but it did reignite my interest - looks like I'll be taking some lessons to get current again and start flying microlights, back where I started 30 years ago.

Back