T-Mobile Google Phone?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I note that the previous thread is about the iPhone - I was looking today at the ANdriod Google phone - wondered if anyone here has one? Interested to know anyones opinion, especially if they have one.

What are the apps like?

Chris

Don't have one but from what I've read I'd wait a year or two for it to mature and more handsets to be released - the first handset is not too great.

I had a fiddle today and thought that it was pretty neat. My issue was that the hinge was okay but I wondered how long it would last - a sensible thing for telecom companies would be to agree that the phone should be guaranteed to last the period of the contract. I would also wonder about the reliability of the operating system - it is not Microsoft (never buy the OS until the 1st service pack comes out) but still new.

Anyone else?

Not used one myself but I have used these style of devices for the last 6 years and have read enough to know that I don't want one. The device is OK but has some flaws with it that make it difficult to use. As others have said there is a lack of software compared to Windows Mobile devices and the iPhone.

Have you considered the HTC Touch Pro (with Keyboard - will be the Vario IV) or the HTC Touch HD?

I like HTC devices - my first was an O2 XDA2, then my wife got an XDA2s, me an XDA mini S, and then a T-Mobile Vario2 (died early)

I'm not keen on the Touch-Flo front end on the new Touch Pro after having a play with one in the local O2 shop (O2 Serra) and T-Mobile don't know if they're going to offer it as the Vario 4.

I like the hardware keyboard despite the added thickness it adds.

I use mine with TomTom which is a major bonus. Until Apple sorts out decent satnav for the iphone or someone for the Android platform then Windows has the upper hand for me.

My other half has one. He's very techie and he loves it. Has had to download some applications to get some things working but have to say it can do some amazing stuff :)

the HTC Touch HD is nice, but im not overlly impressed with HTC my brother has the Titan and its a brick. Slow and Microsoft just doesnt do it any favours.

I tried the android G1 and its fun but its a 1st gen phone from a new player in the market so its just not going to be as good as market leaders until its had a few handsets out

I dashed out to Tesco and got a Stuff magazine - they seem to be of the opinion that the N97 is the only thing that may give Apple any worries. Also they mention that Sony Ericcson have also signed up to Android.

My Pay as you go still has some life left in it, I think that I'll give Andriod a couple on months to sort itself out and see about a decent contract and phone.

Thanks for the advice.

Chris

Back