Taff gets Jerry

Dangermouse

Squeaky Clean
Edit My Images
No
just for fun

DSC_0030.jpg

Nicely caught. Looks like the jerry pilot is getting a bit of smoke blowing into the cockpit too... lol

Nice shot Peter ... was this at an air show? And what focal length did you use at approximately what distance?

Hi Mark, no this was taken at a local airfield that has a small museum with quite a few flying exhibits and if the weather is good the pilots will fly them for any visitors (members only club though) and do some sort of display even if theres only 2 or 3 people there so a very friendly bunch.

The aircraft were about 20m away as you are allowed anywhere on the airfield so long as you are sensible and it was shot using my old D200 with a sigma 170-500 at f9 and shutter of 1/250 focal length 175mm iso100

Last edited:
Hi Mark, no this was taken at a local airfield that has a small museum with quite a few flying exhibits and if the weather is good the pilots will fly them for any visitors (members only club though) and do some sort of display even if theres only 2 or 3 people there so a very friendly bunch.
The aircraft were about 20m away as you are allowed anywhere on the airfield so long as you are sensible and it was shot using my old D200 with a sigma 170-500 at f9 and shutter of 1/250 focal length 175mm iso100

Thanks for the info Peter. As I have had little experience with long lenses. or with shooting anything faster than a wedding march, I am interested in learning what settings will be best for shooting equestrian events at a show next January in which my daughter will be competing. I will be using the Olympus F2.8, 12-60mm SWD (24-120mm equivalent) to cover an oval some 50 metres in diameter. I would expect to be shooting Aperture priority at f/8.0 @ iso100 (according to light). My subject may not be moving as fast as yours but distance will vary widely between 5-50 metres I imagine. I may be better off shooting Shutter priority at 1/640 at least on iso Auto.

Sorry for ranting about my issues on your patch but thought you might be wondering why I was asking! :)

Back