Take off - powered flight C&C Please

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
this was a bit of an opportunist shot and is out of my normal area of comfort. I would love some C&C to see what others think.
What about the sky, it was an overcast day, would closer have been better, Wind sock or not?

Thankyou for taking the time to look
Cheers !!

I am no expert, but I would say "No" to the windsock. You seem to have encountered my problem "Hazy sky syndrome", it only affects me when I have my camera, and never when I am out and about without it.
A closer crop would have been better.
I have not yet had the courage to post any of mine.

thanks for the coments guys, I have some without the windsock but I thought it added some perspective, clearly I was wrong, Thanks again

The sky looks to have a colour cast, and try get shots from the front or the pilot looking round - shots going away and back of the head shots really dont cut it these days
also the windsock must go
sorry for being harsh - but all these little things contribute to a poor image
Chris

no need to apologise, thanks for the crit. My usual fare is motor sport. This was in fact in the field next to a motor sport event I was attending, Wind was blowing toward us so I didnt have the opportunity for front on, suppose I could have shouted at him but he was quite a way away (300mm lens). The great thing about this forum is that I feel comfortable enough to put new things up and I learn far more from comments like this than the usual "lovely Shot"
Cheers Chris

The great thing about this forum is that I feel comfortable enough to put new things up and I learn far more from comments like this than the usual "lovely Shot"
Cheers Chris

A refreshing post to see that a few photogs can 'take it on the chin' critique - instead of getting all hot under the collar about comments trying to improve their technique etc
regards
Chris

Back