Taken at the end of the world

Name
Patrick
Edit My Images
Yes
Well i was half way down a very rocky slope at Finisterre

4669135141_fc6db75917.jpg

Nice shot - can't quite work out if the 'disk' in he middle of the shot is a bit of rock or a well camouflaged snail.

Thanks for the comment.
It's snail. I was hoping to do a close-up of the snail, but that's as close as my "macro" Tamron 28-75 will go.

Thanks for the comment.
It's snail. I was hoping to do a close-up of the snail, but that's as close as my "macro" Tamron 28-75 will go.

A thought Patrick, I have been 'playing' with close-up lenses (filter type) recently. Lots of togs laugh at them, but I am persevering.

They take no space in the kit bag, quick to attach and capable of:

Wild foxglove . . .
1FoxglovesrwP1000093.jpg

True, I have cropped a fair bit, but I think got away with it . . . ? In this instance I'm using my partners G1/14-45mm @45mmFL, just in the back garden. I use a x4 lens from a set of four, X1,X2,x4 and x10, the x10 is susceptible to blue fringing.

Just a thought, light and cheap at a tenner . . . there is also the Raynox 250 which is a little more sophisticated and costs around £40.

CJS

Last edited:
Looks very impressive to me - the detail of the tiny hairs is amazing. For £10 must be worth a try.
I assume you lose a lot of light using those attachments?

Looks very impressive to me - the detail of the tiny hairs is amazing. For £10 must be worth a try.
I assume you lose a lot of light using those attachments?

Light loss? Not much, single piece of glass, I was in the F7 range, shutter 150'ish, hazy to overcast sun. As I say I was playing, and took a whole series in aperture priority, they were all hand held, and the aperture was always reasonable for a decent depth of field.

CJS

Oh, oh.. I want to do some macro photography too, using my GF1.

Could I use these cheap things? http://cgi.ebay.nl/46mm-46-mm-Green...era_Filters&hash=item415031870c#ht_2584wt_911

They're the right diameter - 46mm and they seem to have a screw thread, which the 20mm 'pancake' lens also has, which is currently fitted with a clear glass protection filter.

I just realized I can combine various strengths, so I could order a few - might be better, would give me more options :D

Hm. I'd probably go for the '+1 +2 +4' set.

*update* There, ordered +1, +2, +4, +10. A fraction of the price of a 'proper' macro lens, so I thought I'd take a chance :D

Last edited:
Back