Taking the plunge and buying EF 70/200 f2.8L IS

Name
Bob
Edit My Images
No
I have been pondering for a couple of months now, and have finally decided to take the plunge and buy the Canon EF 70/200 f2.8L IS. Have been looking all over the internet and most of the cheaper places seem to have bad reviews from quite a few people. I was going to go for Jacobs, then saw lots of horror stories about them. Have finally decided to use http://www.martinscamerashop.co.uk/. I have spoken to a very polite and helpful lady on the telephone, but have not yet commited myself. Does anyone have any feedback regarding this place ?
Thanks in advance
Bob

No, read good and bad about him. Why I like this place is that it is only about 60 miles from home, and can go and play with it and pick it up from shop. Means a lot to me to have that facility.

Not disputing the fact about Kerso, just I will feel happier playing with it in the shop, and being able to either reject it, or bring it home with me.

bought the f4 version from kerso last month - difficult to fault. Although the 2.8 was available online marginally cheaper than even he could do it.

OK you guys have talked me into it. Kerso it is. Price is spot on.

No I just claim my expenses like MPs do house, car, moat,the list is endless if I get questioned just say sorry
Bob:LOL:

I was going to go for Jacobs, then saw lots of horror stories about them.
Really? Lots of horror stories? I'm amazed. The customer service I've received from Jacobs, both in their shops and from their mail/web-order division, has never been anything less tha excellent. Where did you hear these horror stories?
Have finally decided to use http://www.martinscamerashop.co.uk/. I have spoken to a very polite and helpful lady on the telephone, but have not yet commited myself. Does anyone have any feedback regarding this place ?
I've bought tons of stuff from Martin. They don't carry much in stock, so delivery times can be a bit slower than some of the larger shops - or at least, that's the case for the 'pro' lenses I tend to buy. But they've consistently given great service, and on occasions they're really gone w-a-a-y out of their way to get something for me.

Great lens, If you are trying to save £££ I agree Kerso there shouldnt be any issues with.
I've never worked out how Kerso manages to sell all his stuff without charging VAT. I assume he must have a better accountant than I do! But that's why he's cheaper than other places.

Hi people. Thanks for the feedback. Regarding Jacobs....I googled for customer reviews and searched through results, which varied from "Mediocre" to "Do not go anywhere near this outfit" I know you are only reading one mans personal opinion when you read these reviews, and they are not to be taken as though they are set in concrete, but I was wary of them. I also rang two of their shops which are in travelling distance for me (Hull & Newcastle) and I have to say they were less than helpful, telling me they were nil stock. Couldn't let me know when stock would be arriving and even trying to steer me clear of my chosen lens and towards another one which, surprise surprise, they did have in stock. When I told them I absolutely wanted the Canon one, they then lost interest and told me to order online. Result.....lost sale. Martins, on the other hand, were very pleasant and helpful on the telephone, but at the end of the day I was stretched to the limit on their price. I am now sorted elsewhere and am ordering as we speak. Many thanks for the interest shown by you all.
Bob.

Ordered from Kerso Thursday 14th May at 17:30hrs. Lens received Saturday 16th May at 09:00hrs. Well pleased with that sort of service & the price was right also

Back