Tamron 90 Macro

Edit My Images
No
Folks,

I've got one of these coming, primarily for my daughter.

What should I expect from it and anything to know about / avoid with it.

This will be first exposure to macro for me so any tips will be great.

Cheers

Rob

Pop on a flash, set camera to Manual, wind up the lens to 1:1, set shutter to 1/200 f11 iso100 and focus by moving the camera back and forth then post up you photos here ;) most of all, enjoy ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pop on a flash, set camera to Manual, wind up the lens to 1:1, set shutter to 1/200 f11 iso100 and focus by moving the camera back and forth then post up you photos here ;) most of all, enjoy ;)

Would you recommend this lens for first steps into Macro, Alby? I'm contemplating one, but would welcome your expert advice. Got up to (about) £300 to play with.

I'll surely get Bridie (my daughter) to post her efforts.

I can't wait it should open up a different slice than normal wildlife and birds.

Is Tamron 90mm any good then?

Rob

Would you recommend this lens for first steps into Macro, Alby? I'm contemplating one, but would welcome your expert advice. Got up to (about) £300 to play with.

Any one of the 4 would be good and not much between them, canon ef100, tamron 90, sigma 105 and the tokina 100. I have the sigma but would have been happy with any to be honest so I say go with what you can get at the best price.

LOVED the lens :D Dont have it gave it back to the rightful owner, and got the Sigma 105....its still not the Tamron!

I hope this is a good un Dell. If I am correct it is the one that I have just purchased off DD. I must admit I used to have the Sigma 105 and loved that. Sold it a few years ago.

Chris :)

I hope this is a good un Dell. If I am correct it is the one that I have just purchased off DD. I must admit I used to have the Sigma 105 and loved that. Sold it a few years ago.

Chris, the one you've bought off DD is the one that I used of his for ages, that he continually joked that he lent me it for a week and got it back after a year [so not true] if you want to see any pics taken with it on a general scale not just macro, PM me and I'll send you some :) Its amazing, you'll love it! :love::love::love:

Got the Tamron 90mm and love it......but I don't think you'll be disappointed with any of the other recommendations either.

Yup - that's the one - and you're all making me miss it already :(

And it's sat only a few feet away waiting for collection :(

Might have to borrow the Siggy for a 'week' off Del to recover :D

But then the 90 went to fund it's replacement, an 85 f1.8 which I'm loving too

:)

DD

I have the tamron 90mm & it is a great lens,i would never part with it.:)(y)

Chris, the one you've bought off DD is the one that I used of his for ages, that he continually joked that he lent me it for a week and got it back after a year [so not true] if you want to see any pics taken with it on a general scale not just macro, PM me and I'll send you some :) Its amazing, you'll love it! :love::love::love:

Dell, that would be great. I'll PM you my e-mail (y)

Yup - that's the one - and you're all making me miss it already :(

And it's sat only a few feet away waiting for collection :(

Might have to borrow the Siggy for a 'week' off Del to recover :D

But then the 90 went to fund it's replacement, an 85 f1.8 which I'm loving too

:)

DD

Dave, I am not going to make Focus on wednesday because of work. I will be there tomorrow instead. If you need to use the lens just do it. I won't be picking it up now before the 19th.

Dell, that would be great. I'll PM you my e-mail (y)

Dave, I am not going to make Focus on wednesday because of work. I will be there tomorrow instead. If you need to use the lens just do it. I won't be picking it up now before the 19th.

Cheers Chris - but have you never heard of 'Sod's Law' :(

Well in any purchase Sod's Law dictates that an item not immediately handed over will break or be dropped if you use it again prior to handover :shake:

Hence, it'll sit perfectly still until we meet - but thanks for the offer of using YOUR lens :)

If I need a macro I'll use Adele's now :D

DD

It a nice lens got one myself and really like it, I have since also the sigma 150 was thinking about selling the tamron but going to keep it as well for when want / need to carry something a bit smaller.

It is a good lens to start with not used the sigma but from reports they are on par. (y)

Back