Tankerton & Herne Bay Beach

Edit My Images
Yes
These were taken when i was more of a noob with photography , but i still like them!

TankertonHuts5.jpg

TankertonHuts.jpg

HerneBayPort2.jpg

HerneBayPort.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

I like them! the first two have an interesting range of colours and the photo draws the eye into the distance. Well done.

5 and 6 are really nice, I like the framing, content, and overall feel of the images. They offer a great sense of scale to the scene.

Number 4 is a bit of a shame. Where the tops of the chain posts have just broken the horizon, it spoils it for me I'm afraid.

May I recommend the use of the Circular Polariser? It will increase your exposure times a little, but with skys such as the ones captured in your images, the contrast is a bit lacking. A circular polariser will help bring out the blues in the sky and leave the whites white, and also any colours in the land will appear deeper as well. hth :)

Umm, well it depends on a few things really. Price and filter thread size on the lens you use for this type of photography.

If you are serious about getting one, look for anything Hoya to begine with. then it's a case of seeing how much you can afford to spend on one, and getting the best one you can. If you post your filter size and a max price I'll link to a few on the bay if you like?

That'd be awsome

Currently im using a Canon rebel XT With a standard Canon Zoom lens EFS 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 , pricewise just give me a rough idea

Hope to be getting a 100-300mm+ at some point this year lol

Thankyou Woodsy :)

Ahh ok, so its a 58mm filter thread.

A budget one is something like this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HOYA-58mm-58-...ryZ30066QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A more expensive one, and marginally better... :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hoya-58mm-Pro...ryZ30066QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Basically it's a case of you get what you pay for. Saying that however, the cheaper one will do the job perfectly well. The more expensive ones tend to be thinner, have slightly better reflection reduction, and have a higher *insert word that I can't remember for the life of me here* ratio. (basically more expensive ones let less light through unpolarised. But in the grand scheme of things... makes no noticable difference)

HTH :)

Back