Teach me Nikonese

Edit My Images
No
A friend of mine is a journalist on a local paper (local to him, mind... Not local to me) and he normally takes his own pictures but he's cleared it with his news editor for me to accompany him and take pictures for a weekend. So I'm going up towards the end of the month.

I'll be taking my 20D and lenses but I'll also be expected to use their kit as well. They have a Nikon D1H, D2H and various lenses. I'll try to get into a Jessops and play on one sometime before I go up there but can any of you give me tips on transferring my skills from the 20D to the D1H/D2H so that I can (hopefully) concentrate on taking pics, rather than fiddling about, trying to work out why it won't turn on?

It's mainly going to be local church fetes and stuff like that but it's all good practice.

The transition shouldn't be difficult.
Pro bodies have all of the buttons in the right place for quick adjustments without going through menu's.

Enjoy yourself.

I wouldn't worry about the buttons too much, just concentrait on the subjects and composition, if you get that right then you will have the local boy beaten as "most" journalists become very lazy with regard to that due to the continued use of the equipment and familiarity to their subjects.

Either way have fun and learn from your time as a "pro" :)

Back