Temple Newsam Set

Name
Dean
Edit My Images
No
Finally my adaptor arrived for my Tamron 35-70, which I bought for a mear £20 delivered from a kind forum user. :) It's been a lovely day so I took it down to Temple Newsam gardens in Leeds for a try out. It takes a lovely warm picture as you can see and proves you don't need to spend a fortune on glass.
All clickable
1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

wow - those are really sharp

love the last one, have to admit i have been really put of tamron lenses since i got the 70-300

but one of those looks worth the investment, which lens is it?

wow - those are really sharp

love the last one, have to admit i have been really put of tamron lenses since i got the 70-300

but one of those looks worth the investment, which lens is it?

Thanks. It's one of these. Well worth a look and once you've got an adaptor the world of manual lenses opens up!

Nice set!

Temple Newsom is one of my favourite places! Have you been to the other side (the wooded bit)?

Cheers. Do you know, I've lived in Leeds for 3 years now and this is the first time I've visited the gardens. Not been to the woods either, although I played the golf course every week for over a year. :)

It's a very special place. The approach to the house via the old way in can be spectacular in the right light.

The best time to go is on a weekday early evening/twilight as there's usually nobody about (but be warned it's a bit creepy and there are stories of ghosts...:LOL:

Very early morning would also be a good time to visit, its a long long walk to the house from round the back though.

Very nice pics!
It's driving me mad though as I can't picture (no pun intended!) where #4 is!

Must admit, I go to Lotherton more than Temple Newsham - well worth a visit there if you get chance, although parking is about £3.50 so not cheap if you're only there for a few hours (a yearly pass is a bargain though - £15).

It's a very special place. The approach to the house via the old way in can be spectacular in the right light.

The best time to go is on a weekday early evening/twilight as there's usually nobody about (but be warned it's a bit creepy and there are stories of ghosts...:LOL:

Very early morning would also be a good time to visit, its a long long walk to the house from round the back though.

Those stories about ghosts are true, mate. My mum is psychic and when she first visited there she saw a couple of things and was telling her fella about it when someone who worked there came along and asked how she knew that. She said she could see it happening! They were quite freaked out!

Very nice pics!
It's driving me mad though as I can't picture (no pun intended!) where #4 is!

Must admit, I go to Lotherton more than Temple Newsham - well worth a visit there if you get chance, although parking is about £3.50 so not cheap if you're only there for a few hours (a yearly pass is a bargain though - £15).

#4 is the Rose Garden, mate. :)

Yeah, I've been to Lotherton, but the weather was rubbish and the gardens didn't really spark me off. I took a few nice shots though that're in my Flickr.

Well I don't know about the stories (I'm no sceptic mind) but I challenge anyone to walk down the avenue at night alone without feeling something. I've done this many times (I used to walk my dog there when I lived nearer) and every time I always felt there was someone else there following me! Ok sometimes its the foxes/rabbits etc rustling the undergrowth as you walk along but its still spooky!

Think I need to visit again soon but with my camera.

Sounds like you need an infrared camera, mate, to capture the spooks!

Back