Tentsmuir Point, Scotland

Edit My Images
Yes
Taken last week at Tentsmuir Point, Fife.

224589732-L.jpg

224590298-L.jpg

224590757-L.jpg

224592228-L.jpg

Makes a change from my wildlife shots, as you can imagine not a lot of wildlife around these trees :( and yes I know the sea curves in the first one, I think it's just a result of the wideangle used. CC all you want as I know they are nothing special, I'm sure someone more used to landscape shooting would easily improve on them, just thought I'd show them anyway.

Mike.

Really like the first shot Mike.

Thanks,

I could see the shots in my mind, but just couldn't pull them off, ok they're not bad, just not as good as I had hoped, mind you 17-70mm on a 1.6x crop isn't really wide enough for this type of shot,

[S1]SANTA ...... ?[/S1]

Mike.

I like them Mike
Brings back a few memories - I used to do a lot of work in Tentsmuir forest about 8-10 years ago
It's a lovely area

Very nice.(y)

Hi,

thanks for the comments, glad you like them, it's a great area for a cycle and walk round, the day we went there were Grey Seals on the beach. Fairly chilly as well that day but it was good fun and will definitely go back.

see ya,

Mike.

Lovely shots Mike. Is it the polarizer that makes one side of the sky so much darker than the other like that?

Hi,

thanks for the comments, glad you like them, it's a great area for a cycle and walk round, the day we went there were Grey Seals on the beach. Fairly chilly as well that day but it was good fun and will definitely go back.

see ya,

Mike.

That answered my question! I was going to ask if there will still a lot of seals about.Know the area quite well as we did a few clearfells there in the past

Lovely shots Mike. Is it the polarizer that makes one side of the sky so much darker than the other like that?

Hi Janice,

polariser right enough, unfortunately I couldn't get an angle to have it the same colour right across the frame as it wouldn't have allowed me to isolate the trees. If the tide hadn't been so high it might have been better as it would have allowed me a different angle.

If you haven't tried a CPL then they are well worth it, they really bring out the sky and the definition it can give to clouds is fantastic.

That answered my question! I was going to ask if there will still a lot of seals about.Know the area quite well as we did a few clearfells there in the past

There was a pup on the beach with mum and dad keeping a close eye from the water see HERE some of my shots of them.

Mike.

Back