Testing Testing 123.....

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm guessing this is ok here?

I posted it last night in the 'Pics you took today' thread but after uploading it suffered from loss of IQ.

It's had little pp'ing, looked sharp when chimping and sharp after crop and re-size but soft when posted.

I've had similar before in the past but it was down to how I was viewing, nowts changed recently so if you don't mind just bearing with me, I'll just use this thread for testing, thanks :)

LEO 1024.jpg

cropped 1024.jpg

Right, after posting both images, 1st looks soft, 2nd ok?

Both look fine when viewed on windows but the 1st is loosing IQ when posted .......:thinking: don't think its owt I've done in pp'ing but I'll take another look.

TBH I'm not sure what is happening here Phil, as you say the first is soft.
Have you run it through a noise reduction programme, without a resharpen?
I've sharpened it and it looks pretty much the same as the other one now.

I'll move this to talk processing, site help is for support and questions, and is little viewed.
I'm sure your'll get more exposure and help there.

Phil-D,-edited-LEO-1024.jpg

@Cobra Thanks Chris, apologies, I was hoping to get back to this with an edit or two but not had chance yet.

No noise reduction apart from my usual work flow, both images have had the same pp'ing.

One thing that is different with your post and mine, the size of the posted image.

When I view them on Windows, they're the same size as the one you've posted, in my post its like they've been up-sized

They're re-sized to 1024 along the top but It's as though my uploads were up-sized, very strange..........does that make sense:)

They're re-sized to 1024 along the top but It's as though my uploads were up-sized, very strange..........does that make sense:)
It does appear that from time to time, some images do get stretched or up sized.
I've no idea why this happens, but obviously it will have a detrimental effect on the image quality.

Another test, one at 1024, one at 900. These are just for my benefit to see if I can resolve the problem, cheers

edit 1024.jpg

edit 900.jpg

Ring ouzel head.jpg

Another test, one at 1024, one at 900. These are just for my benefit to see if I can resolve the problem, cheers
Well that is curious, the properties, agree with your sizing, but they are both the same size on my screen.
and both look ok.

Well that is curious, the properties, agree with your sizing, but they are both the same size on my screen.
and both look ok.

Strange! The first image in post 1 looks soft and noisy, 2nd image with same pp'ing and sizing looks ok

Your edit in post 3 at 1024 shows smaller than mine at 1024 but looks ok

My 2nd edit in post 6 at 1024 looks alot better than in post 1 and has been cropped and re-sized the same. The image posted at 900 appears the same size as yours posted at 1024 and although smaller looks the best on my screen........the Ring ouzel posted at 1024, again, appears larger when viewed here than when viewed on Windows but looks fine......:thinking::headbang::LOL:

Not to worry Chris, thanks for the help. Its the first time in ages I've lost any IQ when posting, it appears to be just that one image...........no idea why, cheers

Back