Testing the Canon on football shots.

Name
Trev
Edit My Images
Yes
Todays shoot went really well compared to the last time when I used my finepix. A real Dslr with a proper zoom really brings the subject to you. Also the continuous shooting is so much better.
The only thing is that I cant figure out how to set it to center focussing? anyone know how?

Anyways.. these are my favorite 3 .

img_5660.jpg

img_6130.jpg

img_5493.jpg

Selecting the AF point manually should allow you to scroll through the AF points, it goes from the top round the outside then to the centre before returning to the top (or vice versa if you scroll the wheel the other way!) when you also press the AF point button...one of the right finger thumb buttons.

Good set of images :)

To set the "Centre spot focus" up on the 350D, with the camera switched on place the thumb of your right hand on the 2 buttons on the top right of the camera. One is marked *, the other is a square with dots in. The one you need is the latter, and it symbolises the multi point focus system.

So, half touch the shutter to bring the display on, and with your thumb on the button you should see either a single red dot, or a number of them in a cross pattern in the view finder. Keeping the button pressed, roll your index finger over the click wheel and you'll see them alternate.

When you have a single red dot in the middle you have the focus set up for a single spot in the middle of the view finder.

Easy really.....

Steve

Hi Trev Rich. Nice set there. Bet you're pleased with your new toy. I remember some from your Fuji a while back. Big improvement.

Nice and sharp with great facial expressions. If I was super critical - #3 needs the ball somewhere in the shot and also the spectators arm in the bottom left corner is a bit distracting.

Hi Trev Rich. Nice set there. Bet you're pleased with your new toy. I remember some from your Fuji a while back. Big improvement.

Nice and sharp with great facial expressions. If I was super critical - #3 needs the ball somewhere in the shot and also the spectators arm in the bottom left corner is a bit distracting.

Thanks freester (y)
Thats a players arm in the pic.. I didnt do much processing (if at all) as I had to upload 150 images to the website smartish lol.

Thanks for the comment mate :D

To set the "Centre spot focus" up on the 350D, with the camera switched on place the thumb of your right hand on the 2 buttons on the top right of the camera. One is marked *, the other is a square with dots in. The one you need is the latter, and it symbolises the multi point focus system.

So, half touch the shutter to bring the display on, and with your thumb on the button you should see either a single red dot, or a number of them in a cross pattern in the view finder. Keeping the button pressed, roll your index finger over the click wheel and you'll see them alternate.

When you have a single red dot in the middle you have the focus set up for a single spot in the middle of the view finder.

Easy really.....

Steve

cheers steve.. that really is easy.. and makes a massive difference. Thanks (y)

Back