texture?

wez130

Steak,wedges and a pint
Edit My Images
Yes
If you're a judge on ocuk, don't comment please as i'm debating this for the new competition.

Question is, does this image shout 'texture' to you? I quite like it myself, one of my better efforts i'd say but what do you think?

peacock1signaturesm.jpg

thanks for looking.

needs more definition on the texture, i have an example here somewhere i will dig out

i cant find the shot i had, probably on the other cd, cant be fussed with trawling through DVDs tonight..

its a pretty good shot on its own though, that much is certain

I quite like it myself.
However if you mean texture in an artistic way i.e. the representation of it's tactile quality then I think there are some flaws.
It appears to be way over sharpened and perhaps too much contrast in the B&W areas of the image. For me this detracts from its tactile qualities.

Otherwise a very interesting image.

Sorry to be a bit negative, Wes.

Regards,
Cameron

To me, it whispers texture but shouts Peacock feathers which detracts from what you're trying to achieve. It's a good picture in its own right but I think it needs to be much more abstract so the actual subject doesn't become stronger than the texture of it.

Pook said:
What's OCUK?

overclockers computer shop, they have a photography subforum..

you being the argumentative type who is bound to mention any number of shops that sell the same stuff as them would almost certainly get a suspension/ban very quickly! :p

nice to see you again Pook....:banana:

Back