Tezz Personal Challenge

Subscribed. :)

What sort of help can I be, what sort of crit do you want?

Hi Adam

Im not sure really ...suggestions for things to shoot or try to do ...suggestions for improvements :shrug::shrug:anything that comes to mind really

still not shot anything using anthing than natural light ...not brave enough yet! :LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
Am really liking the Eiffel Tower shot, I think the slanted angle works very well along with the inclusion of the wood grain of the table-Nice shot Tezz (The others aren't too bad, love the Ice one from Whipsnade.)

Nicely done Tezz, it leans slightly left which upsets the good comp for me. Where you chasing the focal plane getting the whole front in sharp focus? Just a tad better framing to the right with it looking straight would have made it unnoticeable, which is better Id suggest. ...twin shadows look a bit of a wrongun too.

if anyone can indentify this flower i would appreciate it ...was taking at Kew Greenhouse with a fifty mm f1.8 and macro extension tubes ... natural light

orchid by Tezz 450D, on Flickr

Hi Tezz
Great shot of the butterfly, good detail throughout. Like the flower shots as well for someone who 'don't do flowers'. Not sure if it helps but some say a spray with water adds another dimension. Bit difficult at Kew though.

Beautiful flower shots...

Great light in that butterfly shot Tezz ...Nice angel and loads of sharp detail.

I know nothing about flowers but it might be an Iris. Nice shots. :)

Hi Tezz
Great shot of the butterfly, good detail throughout. Like the flower shots as well for someone who 'don't do flowers'. Not sure if it helps but some say a spray with water adds another dimension. Bit difficult at Kew though.

Thank you Kev, Adam and John .... appreciate you all taking the time to comment (y)(y)(y)

Nice Tezz, ugly brutes aren't they, flies that is.
You're doing really well, macro isn't the easiest subject (y)

Nice Tezz, ugly brutes aren't they, flies that is.
You're doing really well, macro isn't the easiest subject (y)

Thanks Gremlin, feel more confident, now to start getting some "cracking" images :)

You certainly are really getting the hang of this macro lark.(y):clap:

Thanks Gremlin, feel more confident, now to start getting some "cracking" images :)

You'll have to come down here sometime and try with the dragonflies on my local canal, they should be plentiful soon :)

There's some beautiful pics there mate. They/you are getting better and better at it. Macro lens might be next on my list. I'm inspired :D

There's some beautiful pics there mate. They/you are getting better and better at it. Macro lens might be next on my list. I'm inspired :D

There's some beautiful pics there mate. You are getting better and better at it.QUOTE]

Have to second that, you certainly are getting some cracking shots Tezz:clap:

Thank you both very much ... a better macro lens is now on my wish list :bonk::bonk::bonk: where does it stop?

Thank you both very much ... a better macro lens is now on my wish list :bonk::bonk::bonk: where does it stop?

Your not having mine... and I won't be replacing it anytime soon either ;)

Both very nice shots tezz.... Some lovely detail in that fly.....

Thank you very much ... that means a lot coming from a guru macro man like you

Think I might take Antony up on his offer of his use of a ring light flash ... be a good chance to play before purchase :)

Hi Tezz
Really making headway with your project now. Superb dragonfly shot and great detail in the fly. (y) The snail is slightly spoilt by the back antenna OOF and lower angle would have shown more of face , but that's being highly critical of an excellent shot.

Thanks John i appreciate your kind comments and your feedback .. will take on board your comments and look to improve ... thank you :)

Back