Thank goodness for that

Edit My Images
Yes
After my recent drama with blotchy, vague, home scanned MF results I have this week run a roll of Neopan 400 through the same Mamiya 1000S 645 body, developed at the same shop and passed over the same Epson 500 scanner. This was a double test as when I last tried to run a roll of this through a 645 Pro body with motor wind, it all went Pete Tong and it was as if the film and backing paper didn't cope well with the extra force exerted and when I came to take the film out on that occasion it was as if the back paper and film had got out of synch.

Well, happy days: some of these were taken with my 110mm lens and some with my 55mm which has got the scruffiest body of any of my Mamiya lenses. Cooking on gas as they say!:naughty::naughty:

1000svarlensesneopan400344.jpg

This is a centre crop
1000svarlensesneopan400339crop.jpg

1000svarlensesneopan400331.jpg

1000svarlensesneopan400343.jpg

Thank you. Happy again (y) I'm not the world's biggest fan of using a separate lightmeter and I try to predict what it's going to tell me and work with the stop down lever but in terms of shooting MF I much prefer the ergs of a waist level finder to the electronic eye level metering finder that I have on the 645 Pro.

Thank you. Happy again (y) I'm not the world's biggest fan of using a separate lightmeter and I try to predict what it's going to tell me and work with the stop down lever but in terms of shooting MF I much prefer the ergs of a waist level finder to the electronic eye level metering finder that I have on the 645 Pro.

Yeah, its just an awkward 35mm SLR when using a prism, WLF's are a nice departure from claustrophobic viewfinders

I know but....lol

35mm is for pansies but its still film, which is the important factor....:D

I know but....lol

35mm is for pansies but its still film, which is the important factor....:D

Did you mean "pockets"? :LOL: If you didn't I can cope with showeriing with the girls. I know that OM gear isn't sooo highly regarded by the "must have a Leica" brigade but I care not. It looks cool, it works and it's relatively compact.

And the girls in the showers don't mind.:nuts:

Mind you if someone could point me to a compact MF kit...:thinking:

I've got pansy gear, F3.....with a WLF...lol

Dunno about Leica but I think OM gear is among the finest available, specially the glass.

I dunno about compact either, it means different things to different people.
I reckon if it doesn't fit a pocket its not a compact and you're gonna have something round your neck/hanging from a shoulder/backpack..whatever.
Mam 6 is compact, won't go nowhere near a pocket, a Clack is basically a pinhole 6x9, its small but too fat for any pocket.
Maybe there are a few old timer 120 folders or RF's that fit a pocket.

120 is just big../end

not like LF though, that's for nutters...:D

edit..that Bessa is E flippin normous Nick

Last edited:
I dunno about compact either, it means different things to different people.
I reckon if it doesn't fit a pocket its not a compact and you're gonna have something round your neck/hanging from a shoulder/backpack..whatever.

Trouser pocket? Nah! Jacket pocket? Coat pocket? Probably

Mam 6 is compact, won't go nowhere near a pocket, a Clack is basically a pinhole 6x9, its small but too fat for any pocket.
Maybe there are a few old timer 120 folders or RF's that fit a pocket.

120 is just big../end

not like LF though, that's for nutters...:D

edit..that Bessa is E flippin normous Nick

Mamiya 7 is lovely but whilst the body starts off relatively slim, it's big on the other two dimensions, then you start adding lenses.

Guess I'll stick with 645 cubes.:rules:

Back