That big tree again

Matt Sayle

2017MSA Young Photographer of the Year(Motorsport)
Name
Matt Sayle
Edit My Images
Yes
IMG_4998copy.jpg

Intresting sky *tick*

Only intresting sky to the right *bugger*

Dark foreground *DAMNIT*

Thanks
Matt

This is begging for some ND grad filters. That way you could have both sky and foreground correctly exposed. At the moment the sky is too bright and the foreground too dark. It's always difficult, shooting in to the sun.

Last edited:
This is begging for some ND grad filters. That way you could have both sky and foreground correctly exposed. At the moment the sky is too bright and the foreground too dark. It's always difficult, shooting in to the sun.

Will use one next time. Thank you Matt :)

Definitely needs some ND Grads. The sky is blown, the foreground and trees are blown.

It also doesn't look very sharp and could do with 'something' of interest in the foreground, either that or if the sky is amazing then re-compose with less of the grass and the top of the trees filling the bottom third of the image and the top 2 thirds showing off the sky.

Definitely needs some ND Grads. The sky is blown, the foreground and trees are blown.

It also doesn't look very sharp and could do with 'something' of interest in the foreground, either that or if the sky is amazing then re-compose with less of the grass and the top of the trees filling the bottom third of the image and the top 2 thirds showing off the sky.

yeah, I will use me nifty next time.

I posted this up to get tips to correct as I know it is crap :D

Thank you!!

Matt - My few pointers :)

1. Unless trees are close and convenient, try another location, doesn't invoke much ''wow''. I know you revisted for comparison this time.
2. Get those ND grads ;) for blown sky, but you know that
3. I suspect your SS was too slow for the conditions? Did you use a pod?
4. Think about composition for for landscapes, lead-in lines etc.
5. Use the light to your best possible advantage.

Matt - My few pointers :)

1. Unless trees are close and convenient, try another location, doesn't invoke much ''wow''. I know you revisted for comparison this time.
2. Get those ND grads ;) for blown sky, but you know that
3. I suspect your SS was too slow for the conditions? Did you use a pod?
4. Think about composition for for landscapes, lead-in lines etc.
5. Use the light to your best possible advantage.

Thank you very much :D Great pointers.

Doesn't need ND grads or bracketing, just some central focus of interest.

Sorry Matt, just don't get this.

Back