The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Am kidding

I do wonder. An awful lot of guff gets smacked about in here from the usuals, claiming jealousy and other nonsense as some kind of excuse to put others down or go as far as to berate people for not understanding their obnoxious posts. I know for a fact there's a good few who are put off even posting in here because of it - we've seen evidence of this just recently, people saying they don't post for fear of put downs. I'd never put down someone over the gear they use, because I seriously don't give AF. I mockingly said someone bought an over priced lens the other day and you'd swear I killed Jesus! It's f'ing gear .... show what you do with it rather than mouth and sprout about how much you spend was my point there ... and I don't see near enough showing evidence the gear makes any difference. I honestly find it hilarious that there's people think others are jealous of their gear - a playground ideal

I do wonder. An awful lot of guff gets smacked about in here from the usuals, claiming jealousy and other nonsense as some kind of excuse to put others down or go as far as to berate people for not understanding their obnoxious posts. I know for a fact there's a good few who are put off even posting in here because of it - we've seen evidence of this just recently, people saying they don't post for fear of put downs. I'd never put down someone over the gear they use, because I seriously don't give AF. I mockingly said someone bought an over priced lens the other day and you'd swear I killed Jesus! It's f'ing gear .... show what you do with it rather than mouth and sprout about how much you spend was my point there ... and I don't see near enough showing evidence the gear makes any difference. I honestly find it hilarious that there's people think others are jealous of their gear - a playground ideal

You don’t give autofocus?

A field of baby leaf salad, as far as the eye can see.

vCxqcUF.jpg

Godox TT350s - Small light but only room for 2 AA batteries.
Godox V350s - I prefer these, small and light with a their own lithium battery.
Godox V860 II - Big and heavy makes the camera a bit unwieldy.
Godox V1s - Better for ocf really although I would prefer AD200's for that purpose.

Thank you. Sorry for the late reply somehow notification was turned off.

So as a general everyday flash the V350s would be the best way forward?

I also like the TT685s which takes 4 AA batteries.
I had one of these for my old Nikon, come to think of it may still be in the house somewhere, how does it look/feel on the A7 body?

People shouldn't be put off posting here because of gear or put downs. Modern gear often matters because it lets people do stuff that just isn't possible with older kit or at least makes it easier but if you're not taking pictures when voodoo AF and all the rest matter it doesn't matter as much. I probably care more about lenses than cameras and the most fun lens I've ever had was probably one that cost less than £20 :D and put downs... well... IMO they often reflect more on the person posting them than on the person on the receiving end. And there's always the mods if people think someone has gone too far.

And yet you are the dude that throws a tantrum when someone gets something new.

You are also the dude that has as much, maybe more posts in this thread than most other's but doesn't own any Sony equipment.

:LOL:

If you would like to see what people use their gear for try some of the threads in the talk landscapes, talk portraits section etc. This thread is in the equipment area, which funny enough mean's that it's purpose is to discuss equipment. As you have zero experience of using any of the newer Sony kit, and as you have said many times, that you don't have the budget to purchase any, it's really weird you are in this thread so much.

If you would like to see what people use their gear for try some of the threads in the talk landscapes, talk portraits section etc. This thread is in the equipment area, which funny enough mean's that it's purpose is to discuss equipment. As you have zero experience of using any of the newer Sony kit, and as you have said many times, that you don't have the budget to purchase any, it's really weird you are in this thread so much.

Oh come on.

This thread is simply the best on this forum and possibly the best on the net.

It has everything... and for some has replaced THHGTTG as the repository of all knowledge.

Oh come on.

This thread is simply the best on this forum and possibly the best on the net.

It has everything... and for some has replaced THHGTTG as the repository of all knowledge.

I don't know about that, I came across a thread the other day on another forum called "Girls in tight jeggings" which tops this one.

Don't Panic.

Last edited:

To be fair, you do your fair share of antagonising which probably puts people off posting here.

On the gear side I couldn’t give a monkeys what people use. If someone wants to spend 10k and take pics of their cat then that’s fine by me. I have a modest amount of kit but I like to think I get the best from it.

Thing is many people buy/try and move it on barely losing any money.

I'm not a pro - just an amateur hobbyist with an interest in technology and photography. I don't dare post my recent purchases in this thread though - some would have a stroke!

I'm not a pro - just an amateur hobbyist with an interest in technology and photography. I don't dare post my recent purchases in this thread though - some would have a stroke!

:oops: :$

Don't let Keith here about this.

ymRGR6F6pFpr_1543492806942.jpeg

To be fair, you do your fair share of antagonising which probably puts people off posting here.

On the gear side I couldn’t give a monkeys what people use. If someone wants to spend 10k and take pics of their cat then that’s fine by me. I have a modest amount of kit but I like to think I get the best from it.

Thing is many people buy/try and move it on barely losing any money.

Ironically, It was your defensive posts about gear kind of sparked off my post tbh, you seemed to be getting antsy over other people's gear. I was almost feeling sorry for you but as you were ...

And yet you are the dude that throws a tantrum when someone gets something new.

You are also the dude that has as much, maybe more posts in this thread than most other's but doesn't own any Sony equipment.

:LOL:

This is one of the ones I'm on about ^^

People just don't like how angsty you get towards them, and it's usually over gear - slagging them off for what they use or ask about. You certainly do not come across as a pro very often. Only above you snapped at someone asking them if they understood english!

I post in many threads, I'm not limited by manufacturers - I have a broad interest, I'll post wherever I fancy

:oops: :$

Don't let Keith here about this.

View attachment 252691

Why would this interest me? Again, the jealousy thing is made up in your mind as some kind of weird defensive reaction .... about nothing! I'd go spare if I had half of that gear, give me 2-3 half decent lenses and I'm good. I really don't care what anyone else uses

People shouldn't be put off posting here because of gear or put downs. Modern gear often matters because it lets people do stuff that just isn't possible with older kit or at least makes it easier but if you're not taking pictures when voodoo AF and all the rest matter it doesn't matter as much. I probably care more about lenses than cameras and the most fun lens I've ever had was probably one that cost less than £20 :D and put downs... well... IMO they often reflect more on the person posting them than on the person on the receiving end. And there's always the mods if people think someone has gone too far.

But they are, some have stated it, others are too shy too but it's fact. I've seen it over and over, it's not my place to report someone for berating others but I see they often don't return. When someone posts about a Samyang lens and gets a barrage of slating for it is that a reflection on that person? I'm not talking about me personnally, I don't give a monkey's what a couple clowns on a forum say to me.

Last edited:
What post is that then?

Your mini argument with Ray, it was over many posts. Seemed like you were getting bothered, but seems I'm wrong like I say ... carry on regardless.

I don't mind leaving this thread alone, it is kinda clear I'm not welcome, maybe I'm just too honest. But when the berating happens again what I said will make more sense to some.

Your mini argument with Ray, it was over many posts. Seemed like you were getting bothered, but seems I'm wrong like I say ... carry on regardless.

I don't mind leaving this thread alone, it is kinda clear I'm not welcome, maybe I'm just too honest. But when the berating happens again what I said will make more sense to some.

You confused him with @TGphoto

I haven't argued with Ray, I don't have time for internet arguements ;)

‘‘Twas me in the ‘argument’. I wasn’t getting bothered, more baffled to be honest than bothered :). Plus the inaccuracies being mentioned did get my back up. That and being bored in the middle of the wet school holidays!

I could have more or better kit if I wanted, but I’d rather have the cash in the bank so tend to buy what I need and then sell it when I don’t need it, or if I use something once in 6 months, it’s sold. The thought of having gear sat there depreciating for ‘what if’ occasions doesn’t sit well with me, likelihood is that it’d depreciate more than the value of the ‘what if’ occasion was worth.

If I really need something urgently then I just buy when required :).

‘‘Twas me in the ‘argument’. I wasn’t getting bothered, more baffled to be honest than bothered :). Plus the inaccuracies being mentioned did get my back up. That and being bored in the middle of the wet school holidays!

I could have more or better kit if I wanted, but I’d rather have the cash in the bank so tend to buy what I need and then sell it when I don’t need it, or if I use something once in 6 months, it’s sold. The thought of having gear sat there depreciating for ‘what if’ occasions doesn’t sit well with me, likelihood is that it’d depreciate more than the value of the ‘what if’ occasion was worth.

If I really need something urgently then I just buy when required :).

Yeah I hear ya, it just reminded me of seeing people in here get upset because they'd mention cheaper gear and get almost laughed at. I think that stinks, and it's the same few do it every time and I know for fact some of those shyer members don't return because they felt belittled. But hey, let the 5-6 regulars have at it, there's nothing for me here right now as was pointed out - basically told don't let the door hit ...

Me, Mrs WW, my A7 and 35mm f2.8 in my Billingham bag had a lovely holiday in Singapore.

Street food... I just love the hawker markets....

TAZxaHQ.jpg

We got there just as they were ramping up to wishing the place a Happy Birthday. We wandered down and watched the practice fireworks with the rest of the revellers and happy snappers...

my5tl1o.jpg

KggxqRf.jpg

FUUWele.jpg

and had an ice cream.

zLMB1pu.jpg

It was really hot and humid but maybe not so much as Thailand. The camera never really missed a beat despite being used up a very humid hill and an also hot and humid walkway over a swamp. Misting up and moisture never seemed to be an issue. The only issue I had was the face detect not liking Mrs WW (see PS below) and wide area focusing being pants for flower shots when viewing at high mag on screen. I was in a rush and when I saw the results I stopped using it for flower shots and the like.

PS.
Peeps may remember talk about Sony being racist because their eye/face detect seems to prefer lighter skin tones. My A7 only has face detect and even when setting Mrs WW as the preferred face the camera preferred people with a lighter skin. Shame on you Sony!

PPS.
I do really know it's not reeeeaaaally racism.

Looks like you had a lovely time. Singapore is one of a kind IMO. Worth at least one visit.

While you were gone I picked up a porst 50mm f1.2 :D
Haven't received it yet but really looking forward to it

But they are, some have stated it, others are too shy too but it's fact. I've seen it over and over, it's not my place to report someone for berating others but I see they often don't return. When someone posts about a Samyang lens and gets a barrage of slating for it is that a reflection on that person? I'm not talking about me personnally, I don't give a monkey's what a couple clowns on a forum say to me.

I know, people have pm'd me to say bye bye, I think it's a crying shame and IMO it's something for all to think about and no, posting about a Samyang lens isn't IMO a reflection on the poster but an over the top dismissive reaction to that post rubbishing the lens and comparing it to something costing several times more could be IMO. If you follow me.

I do think that this forum is however mild compared to some places on the net. Not that that means much if people are put off.

Anyway.

A bit of fun, snapping the snappers and more street eating.

nyuEe3y.jpg

VSDKrgc.jpg

Back