The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

some very good offers on used sony lenses in wex used section with the 20% off.
they lenses like FE35/1.4, 100mm STF, 16-35mm f4

Not half.

35mm f/1.4 for £600 https://www.wexphotovideo.com/sony-fe-35mm-f1-4-distagon-t-za-lens-used-1717813/

85GM for £840 https://www.wexphotovideo.com/sony-fe-85mm-f1-4-g-master-lens-used-1715859/

100GM for £680 https://www.wexphotovideo.com/sony-fe-100mm-f2-8-g-master-lens-used-1713682/

Use the code UWCLR20

Some bargains to be had there if you don't already have these.

I find their ratings a little odd, the 85gm is a 9- and has paint loss and a scratch on the optics.

There was a couple of other 85GM's on there as well this morning but they are gone now. Might be worth keeping an eye out in case they add any more.

I have got one already :)

Tempted by the Zeiss 35mm but what I really want is the art 35mm F1.2

Last edited:
Oystercatchers on the move, Sigma 150-600 @600mm (Edit, mostly Dunlin with a couple of Oystercatchers)

DSC06155 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

Last edited:
Little test with my resident model of the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8, not the best day to test it out with dodgy light and very low sun. Sharpness is decent, seems to work well with Eye AF and continuous focus. Files seem warmer than I'm used to, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

DSC06058 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC05954 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

DSC05785 by Anthony Andrades, on Flickr

Nice, also looking at one to go with my ad360, the tt350 are really tempting, so small.

It's my first flash, so looking to learn :ROFLMAO:

The softer light without modifiers swung me in the direction of the V1, quite excited to be honest.

Are these flashes ok then

I bought one too.

But don't be surprised if the light isn't as soft as you think it will be.

It's not a soft box after all.

Oh I'm not expecting miracles but side by side with a regular speedlight naked they do look a lot nicer

Got the TT865o (Olympus) and the V1 For Sony.

May sell the 865 but works fine as a wireless slave on Sony so not sure if I'll keep it or not yet.

Bout bloody time, talk about bleeding to death.

I expect it comes down to how many they're selling and if they're not selling enough...

I think it still makes sense for someone like me who doesn't need cutting edge focus, rapid frame rates or expect ISO 25,600 pictures to look good 2m wide. For casual stuff of family, friends, days out and holidays I think it still makes sense.

The last time I took mine out was 9th. I was hoping to be able to escape for a few hours tomorrow but it's looking very unlikely now :( Anyway, the 9th, a dull drab day but the greens and yellows looked luminous. A7 and Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 at f8.

1rB01Ry.jpg

YxEgENK.jpg

It's my first flash, so looking to learn :ROFLMAO:

The softer light without modifiers swung me in the direction of the V1, quite excited to be honest.

Won’t be much softer, it’s marketing blurb. Physical size of the light source determines its softness along with distance.

I have the 3 biggest ones that one would possibly carry. The V1, 860II and AD200. The one that I like best is actually the 860II because of the bounce card. To get the bounce card for the V1 you need to buy it separately and it is not built in. So it takes up more space and expense. So I don't use the V1 on camera, it's just for off camera now.

I guess the V1 has a modelling lamp mode, good if you need that, pointless for weddings though.

Ha6zboz.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure why everyone is ignoring the 350s, great little flash and has been enough for fairly dark environments for me.

I agree. I recently sold my other flashes because I found this one powerful enough for most situations I shoot in :)

Not sure why everyone is ignoring the 350s, great little flash and has been enough for fairly dark environments for me.

I would but every time I look at one I think to myself...it's almost the same price as the 860II, actually the V1 is cheaper....and then found myself with 2 bigger flashes.

Back